Taye- Driving Me Crazy

Tia begged her sister Taye to join one of the performances Taye was planning later that evening. "Can I please come, Taye, pretty please," she begged. Only nine, Tia looked up to her sister as if she was a celebrity or idol. 

"Girl, you wayyy too young to come along," Taye pointed out. "When you turn thirteen, maybe I'll think 'bout it."

"But why?" Tia whined.

"'Cause...some songs are too 'eh'."

"But you listen to 'em."

"Oh, come on now, you just bluffin'. Besides, some moves are too raunchy for little kids like you," Taye rebuffed.

Tia plopped herself on the living -room sofa and pouted, puckering her lower lip. Taye was planning on dancing to "Dip It Low" and "Drop It Like It's Hot."

"Well," she finally said, "why can't ya just find other songs to dance or sing, like Hannah Montana?"

"Hannah Montana is gonna get me real popular, boo." She rolled her eyes.

"Yeah," Tia's  dark, hazel eyes brightened, truly believing she had found a possible solution.  "Everyone is gonna like you now."

"Every girl from five to seven," added Taye.

Ever since Tia was  born, Taye had always felt her sister was a handful. She loved that handful, don't get her wrong, but Tia was sometimes too much of a handful. Always asking for attention. out in public, and at home, too. And Taye just wanted something to do by herself for once. Two years ago, Taye's family made the enormous move from the "Nineteen-Nasties House" (as both Taye and her sister dubbed it), and settled into the more modern, but decent house that they were living in now. The old house revealed its poor design by showing off its crumbling walls, mold, squeaking pipes, and severe rodent/roach infestation; the issues above convinced their parents it was time to move. But Tia still made up for the deficit of noise and problems by running around the house, screaming, squealing,  and acting like she was on drugs. Hannah Montana drugs, that is.

🎶"I HOPPED OFF A PLANE AT LAX, WITH A DREAM AND SOME CARDIO! WELCOME TO THE LAND OF MY FAMOUS EX, AM I GONNA FIT IN,"🎶 she boldly sang one day.

"Not the lyrics," Taye called out over Tia's fangirl impression of Miley Cyrus. "And you supposed to be obsessively devoted... and how do you do you know what an 'ex' is?" She questioned in response. Tia was crazy.

Back in the moment, after reminiscing , Taye complained to her mom to make Tia leave her alone.

"Mom, T keeps on bothering me about wanting to the club."

 Their mom lightly scolded, "Tia, leave your sister alone."

"Awww...but I want to go, Ma," Tia repeated. "I'm a big girl."

"Tia," she warned in a threatening voice, Do I need to take away Mil'shake and your Hannah Montana CDs?" Mil'shake was a stuffed, pink-cat plushie with sprinkles, whipped cream, and a cherry on her head. Tia had mistakenly named it 'Mil'shake' when she was four, but no one had bothered to say anything, so it had stayed Mil'shake.

"Nooo!" she exclaimed. "Taye can club other people by herself."

"Go clubbing," Taye corrected. "That would be very violent and bad if I started clubbing other people."

Taye's dad lazily bounded down the stairs. "That would result in jail, Tia," he yawned. "Margret, what's for dinner?" he said as he laid down on the opposite side of the small, red couch. Their dad had finally received a day off from work, and he worked very hard during the day."