EPISODE 40

"Hinata chaaaaan!" Screamed Ino as she runs towards Hinata. The indigo-haired almost outbalance. The blond hugged her so tight with her chibi self. "Why are you absent the past few days? I miss you!" She pouts.

"Well, complications."

"Hmp! You know attendance is a must! Our thesis is a no joke!" Complained Sakura.

The woman curves a calming smile which makes the pink-haired blush for some reason. "Grr! Be thankful you're cute or else!" She added.

The woman offered her peace sign.

Naruto entered the class with Gaara, Shino, Rock, and Shikamaru. For some reason, Hinata's vision fixes on him. He seems different today. He seems mature. Wait a minute, why is she staring though?

She shook her head as the blond smiled as well. How weird.

Later on, the prof entered the class together with Toneri and his noisy gang. Everyone bowed to show respect as usual.

The grey-haired went directly to Hinata's, contented. "You look beautiful today." He whispered. 

The woman rolled her eyes feeling annoyed yet deep inside, she was happy or perhaps in between confused and happy. "Okay..."

The man smirks because he finds her reaction cute or maybe he's just crazy.

"Alright, folks! Listen up!" Screamed the instructor. "I believe you're doing your very best with your thesis research. You know, the defense due is approaching and we are lining up the possible panels for every team."

Murmurs―

"One thing, Uchiha Sasuke has transferred school so there are only 24 students in this class left."

"Kayaahhh! Sasuke-kun―" Cried one of the raven's fangirls.

"Calm down folks, work for your thesis, or else you'll not graduate at all."

Hinata lowered her head because the sadness and pain arise once more. She took a deep breath as her phone beeped. It's an SMS from Detective Yamato.

Message: Hinata-san. Do you have vacant time tonight?

She gulps.

Her: Yes.

To be honest, she's not sure whether it's a good idea to talk to him at the moment because the vibe is not the same anymore.

*beep

Message: Thank you.

She calms herself thinking, what's the point of throwing shades at the man? Sasuke revealed everything already. Perhaps, she needs to accept the reality. She needs to move forward. That's the only choice left.

Wait, why does it feel like, something is pouring her cheeks?

Ah,

It was her tears.

She's crying just by hearing his name, just hearing everything about him, makes her feel devastated,

Suddenly, Toneri's hand touches hers. Why is he doing this? Why is he acting like this?

The woman closes her eyes feeling the warmth this man gave her. His gesture is different from what Sasuke made her feel. It's maybe Toneri's thing.

"You can use me anytime you want. I am always here, remember that." He whispered enough for her to hear him. He tightened the grip on her hand, assuring her of the great possibilities ahead. But it's more like he is finding his way right to her heart.

Slowly, and maybe he needs to trust the process of perfect timing. He doesn't wanna rush things anyway.

As long as she's here by his side...

As long as she'll stay beside him...

As long as he can hold her hand like this...

He'll endure every pain and tragedy ahead. For her and only her.

"Thank you." She mumbles.

"Mr. Ōtsutsuki? You alright?" It was the Prof. The whole class's focus on them now and it's kind of awkward. Toneri transforms into being a chibi murmuring, "Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh―" He's acting cute.

Student's reaction:(;¬_¬)

While Toneri's face:  (~‾▿‾)~   

The Prof's brows twitch feeling irritated. "Eyes in front, people."

The grey-haired exhaled trying his best not to freaking laugh. "Wew! That was tough," he said which made Hinata smile.

Oh, Sh** not again!

"You're cute." She said in between her giggles.

His face after hearing those melting phrases from her: (  > /// < )

She continued laughing and he continues to stare as well. Does she even know how beautiful she is? He gulps. He doesn't care if everyone is staring at them or not. What's important is her. Seeing her beautiful and happy face is calming. He can't help but curve a satisfied beam. This woman, what does it takes for her to fall in love with him completely?

Wait, what?

Later on, she stops smiling, confused about Toneri's silence. "Hello? Are you okay?" She asks.

"Eh, yeah..."

"Alright! Any questions from you guys?" Ask the instructor.

"None! Thank you, Sensei!" Replied everyone.

"Good. Class dismissed!"

"Yehey!"

The woman lowered her gaze because she felt Toneri is making fun of her. She manages to smile to show she appreciates his genuine action. "Thank you, Toneri-kun."

"N-No problem dude."

Distinct talks―

"Hinata-chan!" Screamed Sakura. "Let's go!"

"Wait, guys..." She retaliates, fixing her stuff so she can reach her friends soonest. In an instant, Toneri stops her from completely leaving. He holds her hands, determined, "D-Don't leave."

What the hell...

Why does he stutter? Damn! He's freaking nervous!

"Yes? What's the problem?" She asks, confused.

"Ah, I mean. Call me if you need a friend to talk to," he winks changing the conversation to a less awkward one.

"Thank you..."

Then, he lets her hand go, unwilling. He sighs as he watches her go far from his place. Oh man, he had fallin' for her real bad!

Damn romance!

"You okay bruh?" It was one of his friends.

"Yeah, I guess," he said while rubbing his forehead feeling distressed.

"Isn't she Sasuke's woman?"

"Yeah," he gets up and began walking outside the homeroom. "But maybe, she can be my woman soon."

His friends awkwardly stare at one another saying, "Nice joke, bro." Then they laugh after.

Toneri continues walking since he's not in the mood to make fun of things anymore. "Joke huh? Tch! Am I even joking?" He murmurs, putting his hand inside his pocket.