Chapter 1

I stepped out of the limousine that had driven me from my house. I was careful not to stumble over the rocks of the gravel pathway, leading all the way to the huge doors of the Seratorre family home. The house was massive, with so many windows I felt like I was being watched. Of course I was. No matter where I went, there was always someone watching me. I was almost completely lost in amazement until I felt a hand on my shoulder, it was my personal guard. He wasn't comforting me, he was telling me to get moving and get in that house.

Me and my guard, Luca walked up the steps, and Luca rang the doorbell. Within seconds the door was opened to reveal a short, stubby old woman dressed in a maids attire. She put her head down and and folded her hands together.

"Miss Benetti, welcome. Mr. Seratorre is waiting for you in the living room."

I wasn't expecting a warm welcome. Servants and Maids were always suppose to put their heads down when speaking to someone who was in a higher rank. I walked in the house, I could feel the presence of my bodyguard and the maid behind me. The inside of the house was a circus, people were rushing around, boxes were everywhere, and bags were piled up near the door. Out of the corner of my eye I saw the maid waiting for me to follow, and I walked towards her. The maid led me down a long hallway that led to a room surrounded by bookcases and paintings. In the middle of the room, there was a man. I knew it wasn't my future husband, this man was too old.

"Mia Nipote!" (My Niece) He called out with open arms. It was my fiancé's uncle, Diavolo. I had to know every name of every member of my future husbands family. It was mandatory that the Donna know everyone in her husbands family. It was mostly the Donna's job to look after the family. The Don's job involved much more violent tasks.

"Ciao Zio." ( Hello Uncle) I responded with a half smile and I nodded my head. Technically he wasn't my Uncle yet, but it was pretty much inevitable. My Fiancé and I had been engaged since I was 4. Our parents had decided that we would unite the Benetti and the Seratorre families. It felt strange that I had been engaged to a man for over 13 years, yet I knew virtually nothing about him. I didn't even know his name. I knew he was older, and that he was incredibly powerful. That's it.

"Ahhh, such a beautiful woman you've grown into Giada. I'm sure my Nephew will be so excited as soon as you see him. When does your flight for Italy leave?"

"In 2 days Mr. Seratorre." I replied. My 18th birthday was in 3 days. It suddenly hit me that the day after we land in Italy, I was going to be married. I mentally shivered at the thought. I was also shaken up by my new Uncle. I didn't like him. If he were not my future family I would be creeped out by his affection.

"Ahh, I expect nothing less from this family. My late brother and his wife were the same way. Married just a day after he turned 18. Don't be nervous Nipote, the Don isn't much older than you. Your parents weren't much older after they married either."

I stiffened at the mention of my parents. It was a basic rule at this point not to mention them. People should know how much it hurt to even think about my Mother and Father. But of course Diavolo might know that. He could be testing me.

"I only met your parents once. But I remember your mother clearly. You look just like her, except more beautiful."

I smiled at him, and put my head down. My shyness was coming out, and a blush threatened to appear on my face. He shouldn't be talking to me this way. I didn't find it flattering, I was embarrassed.

"I suppose the only name you currently know for your husband is 'Don'. Would you like to know his real name?" Diavolo smirked at me. I nodded hesitantly, I don't trust this man. 

"Cristiano".

Cristiano.

heyy soooo this is my first chapter. im nervous about continuing to write and what people will think. dont forget to vote and comment