𝒐𝒏𝒆, DREAD.

# year 3

˓ ONE !

"ONE DAY WE'LL BE PERFECT FOR EACHOTHER

"ONE DAY WE'LL BE PERFECT FOR EACHOTHER."
───  where she dreads school, and he bursts in on her.

𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐎𝐑𝐀 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐎𝐃 𝐃𝐈𝐃 not enjoy school, not one bit. the constant name calling and whispering as she walked by was starting to get to her. she dreaded finally arriving at the school just to repeat last year, the school that was supposedly magical yet it made her feel quite dull.

her soft blonde hair sat on her shoulders as she kept here eyes glued to 'Alice's Adventures in Wonderland'. i mean, what else was there to do when you're alone on a quiet, boring, loud, train. sure she had her little sister, luna, yet luna had actually managed to make a friend or two, aurora was just alone, nobody bothered to interact with her. she didn't complain though, she quite liked silence.

she loved alice in wonderland, full of whacky creatures, places, it was very intriguing — she wonders if that's why shes called weird, or loony, or mad all the time, but was it really her fault she enjoyed what she did? no, ofcourse not, people are just quite daft and can't let people be who they want too. oh how she wished that would change.

she admired the scenery outside, pulling her legs up and resting them on the seat. her mind went blank for a second, it was actually quite calming.

she snapped back into reality when her compartment door slid open, she shot her head around to see a frantic, messy haired, ginger who looked like he was being chased by sirius black, what was he so worried about?

"is there a rat in here? i've lost him — scabbers! have you seen him?" he cried, looking all around the place.

aurora looked at him, holding in a chuckle, pulling a piece of hair behind her ear — "uh, no i haven't seen your rat. sorry." — aurora but her lip to stop a laugh, a rat?

"oh bloody hell, tell me if you see him." the ginger said, closing her compartment door. the boy rushed off, while aurora let out a loud laugh, that definitely brightened up her day a bit.

──────

𝐌𝐎𝐒𝐓 𝐏𝐄𝐎𝐏𝐋𝐄 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃 be ecstatic to be in hogwarts, some for different reasons. don't get her wrong, she thought the place was stunning, but she just hated it.

the feast had already been done and dusted, everyone was now heading up to their common rooms. aurora for one was very pleased she would finally be able to relax. she walked alone, looking all around her like she did every year.

a group of slytherins strutted past, shouting 'weirdo!' and 'psycho!', she ignored it ofcourse. aurora continued to walk, used to all of it already.

as she walked up the moving staircase, her shoulder accidentally bumped someone elses.

"sorry!" she said softly, noticing she had bumped into the one and only harry potter. aurora felt her face heat up, as she rushed away — still hearing a small conversation from the boy's two friends, one being the ginger that burst into her compartment earlier on.

"loony, she needs to watch where shes going. honestly, i heard she reads her books upside down." the curly haired brunette beside harry said — aurora knew her to be hermione granger, quite a smart ass. it got on aurora's nerves.

"she does seem quite weird doesn't she? i politely came into her compartment asking if she'd seen scabbers and she laughed and looked at me as if i was mad!" the ginger said, she remembered him as ron weasley, it took her a second to remember — there were too many weasleys around hogwarts.

she rolled her eyes, how do you even read upside down? whoever was spreading these rumours was utterly pathetic.

she walked more, finally arriving at her common room. the eagle knocker that sat on the door told her a riddle — why couldn't they just have a password or something?

she answered the riddle correctly, thankfully, and walked in the large space. the room was decked head to toe in blue and bronze, arched windows seen all around, complete with a nice space inspired carpet — which reflected a nice night sky onto the ceiling — and a small library, if you may, filled to the brim with books of all sorts.

aurora sighed happily as she made her way over to the steps leading up to the girls dormitories. peace at last, no name calling, no crowds, and no bumping shoulders with a boy and his particularly bratty friends.

──────

𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐄 late, around 11:36 pm. most of the ravenclaw pupils were sound asleep, apart from aurora lovegood ofcourse.

she was up finishing her book she had been stuck into on the hogwarts express.

"aurora?" a tired sounding voice squeaked, the blonde looked up to see cho chang smiling softly. aurora smiled back.

cho was nice, she had interacted with aurora quite a few times.

"what are you doing up so late, cho?" aurora whispered, not wanting to wake up anyone else.

cho shrugged — "i could ask you the same thing."

aurora chuckled, cho let out a small giggle too.

"well, if you must know, im up late thinking of that hufflepuff — diggory." the black haired girl admitted, looking mildly embarrassed.

"ah, i see, boy crazy. couldn't be me, every boy i look at thinks im out of my mind." aurora laughed, earning a sympathetic look from cho.

"they're all mad, aurora, i think you're a wonderful person. y'know, i saw that weasley one — potter's friend — eyeing you down earlier, during the feast."

aurora slapped her hand over her mouth to avoid bursting out in laughter. was cho insane?

"a weasley? what did you eat earlier? never in a million years, merlin's beard — he was bloody talking about me when i accidentally bumped into potter. s'pose i can't please everyone." she said, cho just smiled.

"well i best get some sleep. goodnight, lovegood." the girl across the room explained, laying back down.

"night, chang." aurora smiled, mumbling 'knox', she felt it was best she got some sleep too.

the girl went to bed, still weirded out over the idea of her and a weasley.