Chapter 3

He led Ging to the living room, sitting down on his pristine, white couch, and patted the spot next to him, beckoning Ging to join him. The scarved man continued looking around the room for any signs of personal items, any signs of weakness or true character. He sat down in frustration, realizing that it would not be easy to figure out what would make Pariston tick.

"Now, don't go and do anything you might regret. I know you're above that," Pariston insinuated, causing Ging to scoff. Does this asshole really think I'm going to steal his useless shit?

Pariston rose from his seat and took a step in the direction of his kitchen, "How rude of me! Are you interested in anything to drink?"

"I guess I wouldn't mind a beer," Ging lifted his feet to rest on the glass coffee table in front of the sofa. Pariston nods and leaves to retrieve their beverages, soon coming out with the brunette's requested drink and a glass of white wine for himself. He hands the bottle to the boar and settles into his own seat. Ging takes a long swig of his beer, widening his eyes and gagging shortly after.

"What the hell is this shit? It's disgusting," He coughs.

Pariston could not help but chuckle, "My apologies, it's probably not the usual cheap beer you get from the gas station. Shame on my refinement, I really do apologize." Ging ignored this comment. He was getting real sick of Pariston's remarks.

The tall blonde set his glass on the table and got up to retrieve an album from the bookshelf behind the couch. He returned to his seat and presented it in front of Ging.

"Care to check out my stamp collection?"

Is this guy serious? Ging was starting to get annoyed.

"Cut the shit, Hill, and tell me why the hell you invited me over," He snapped. Once again, Pariston chuckles. Ging's patience thins, he wants to punch the blonde in his stupid, smug face. He cannot believe he is giving Pariston what he wants. Sick entertainment.

The triple-star hunter obliges, setting his album down on the coffee table. He lowers his head, delicately shutting his eyes, almost as if in thought. He stays like this for a moment, getting all of Ging's irritation and curiosity.

After a beat, Pariston beams, returning to his regular posture, and yet somehow seemed taller, larger than before. He's grinning, looking as though he were a child that had gotten the toy they've been begging for on Christmas.

"Actually, I just wanted an excuse for you to come over!"

Ging was pissed. No, that was an understatement. He was furious. He played right into that rat's hand. He should have expected this, why the hell would Pariston ever have anything worth saying. Ging was strongly contemplating knocking the blonde's pearly white teeth out of his mouth. He would have loved to see him attempt to hold any sort of power with a gummy smile. But he decided against it. He cannot let himself play further into Pariston's amusement. Instead, he rolled his eyes and rose from his seat, showing himself out. Much to his surprise, Pariston did not react. Had he been expecting him to? He shook his head to forget it, it really did not matter.