10

Valerie Colver

It's been a few days since Tilly got sick and she has been feeling a lot better. It turned out to be a little fever that could be treated with drugstore medicine and luckily Doctor Wilkinson had it in stock. We also got some updates on the people who were following us. It was someone named Marco. Zayn told us that he was working alongside Vince to get a hold of me. The navigation source said that they were around our area so Harry and Zayn tried to limit access to the outside world.

This limitation upset Harry from what I've made out. I think he was upset because he couldn't give Tilly the birthday party she wanted. It upset me too, it would be my first birthday with her and I wanted it to be special. I'm sure Gigi understood the consequences of going outside but she also wanted to make the party special because of all the changes Tilly was facing, knowing this she still begged Zayn to take us to a local store.

Parenthood is hard.

I wasn't sure if Zayn gave in because I left the room when I saw Harry leave. The rest of the men also left. Tilly had been hanging out with her Uncles as we were discussing what our plans were and as promised they would get the information after they kept her distracted. I turned into the right corridor to see Harry sitting in a chair, rubbing his face. The bags underneath his eyes told me that he hasn't been sleeping good.

I knocked on the wall, "Hey." I smiled making my way onto a chair across from him. We haven't had time to talk since the hideout has been busy.

"Hey." He rasped out. He was definitely exhausted, maybe I'll take Tilly for the day and let him sleep.

"So how are you feeling?"

He shook his head and let his eyes close for a second, "shit, tired, stressed, awful, like the worst father, an-"

"Why worst father?" I could assure him that he wasn't that.

"That's for another day blondie." He said before rubbing his eyes once again. Definitely going to take Tilly for the rest of the day.

"So I've been hearing Tilly calling you mommy a lot lately." Now we haven't talked about this yet. The first time he heard this was at the hotel and I made sure to leave before anything else happened. I felt my heart sink, was it okay to say that it is a sensitive topic for me?

"Oh-um-about that, if you don't-" I wanted to continue but if he said something I didn't want him too, I would be heartbroken. She is my kid, blood or not.

"-No, that's fine. She does need a motherly figure. I think you're doing great Val and I really do appreciate it." That was the first time he called me by my name.

"I-I was wondering-uh, nevermind..." He seemed embarrassed to ask what he wanted. This was the first time I noticed his dimples and his cupid shaped lips. They fit his face perfectly, not to mention how his nose moves when he talks, just like Tilly's.

"It's okay Harry, you can ask it." His green eyes flickered from my eyes to lips then eyes again.

It took him awhile to get his words together, "I was wondering if you wanted to do something tomorrow with me?" I liked the tension between us. He was afraid that I would say no.

I wanted to tease him and say no just for his reaction, "I'm not interested." I played along. His posture immediately sunk and he wanted out.

"I'm kidding Harry. I would love to do something with you." I saw him relax as he smiled a little. I never noticed the size differences in his teeth, they were like bunny teeth, cute.