𝟨𝟥 | 𝖯𝖮𝖲𝖨𝖳𝖨𝖵𝖤

AS SOON AS THEY MADE it back from Atlanta, life got hectic

AS SOON AS THEY MADE it back from Atlanta, life got hectic. Corinne started feeling sick again and it wasn't a COVID-19 type of sick. She just felt sick. She already wasn't a fan of the smell of marijuana but now when she got a whiff of it, she threw up. Demon swore up and down that she "had that shit".

They had been back for almost two weeks and she wasn't feeling better. She honestly felt worse. She was sick and tired all the time. She couldn't stay awake during her online classes. The first week, she went to sleep during her lunch period and slept through the rest of the day.

"Yo ass pregnant," Mariah says making Corinne roll her eyes.

"I'm not pregnant."

"So why this TikTok pop up on my for you page saying some if you see this yo favorite cousin pregnant," Mariah tells her. "I'm not your cousin. I'm your auntie."

"My pregnant auntie." Mariah laughs. "Go to hell." Corinne rolls her eyes saying, "I throw up one time, and all of a sudden I'm pregnant."

"Nah, shorty. You got pregnant and all of a sudden, yo ass throwing up." Mariah corrects her. "I'm-" Mariah cuts Corinne off.

"And Jacobi just be laying and rubbing on yo stomach for no reason?"

"When was your last period?"

"You been taking yo plan b's on time? Don't think I ain't see that tweet you liked about how being a Twinkie better than a Toaster Strudel."

Twitter constantly got her caught up.

"..." Corinne puts her on pause before going on her Flo app. "See...I'm right. You quiet as fuck. So you still 100% sure you not pregnant?" Mariah asks as she reads that her last period started on June 30th and ended on July 5th. She then looked at the different hearts seeing the only heart without a shield on the tenth of July.

"Be quiet. Let me think." Corinne mutters. "The tenth...the tenth...Four days before the fourteenth."

"What happened on the tenth?" Corinne soon realized that the tenth was the day De'Anna walked in on them and Marquell got caught cheating. So much shit happened within those three days that she forgot to take a Plan B. "I'mma call you back." Corinne says before hanging up. She moved her fingers quickly to FaceTime her boyfriend.

"What you need?" He asks. She could tell he was crossed because his voice was deeper when he was high and he talked slower when he was drunk. His greeting was slow and his voice was deep. "When you come home, can you bring me a pregnancy test?" She asks. "Yeah. I'll let you know when I'm on my way." He mutters. "Are you ok-" Corinne could barely ask her question before he hung up. She looks at her phone and smacks her lips.

Her finger hovers over his name, stuck between being ready to call him back and curse him out for his lack of enthusiasm at the possibility of her being pregnant but she decided against it. She went upstairs and laid down, taking her second nap of the day.

$ $ $

Now Demon had a reason for his lack of enthusiasm towards the possibility that he might be a father. It wasn't valid but it was a reason nonetheless. "What?" Demon asks. "It's about your grandmother," Vic says. "GG good. I just saw her." He mutters. "No, Cynthia. Ace been watching her for me for months. Juwan ain't been leaving the house but he still been letting Cyn go to dialysis. So Ace got Lorraine a job at the dialysis place and she said Cyn showing signs of domestic and sexual abuse." Vic continues to explain.

"He be having people slide through the spot same time. Everybody who was on the block with him becoming through but when she leave, that's when his connect slide down on him. He running drugs out of her house and pimping out your grandma." Demon's leg bounces rapidly listening to his father. "She still got dialysis on Tuesdays at 3:45 right?" Demon asks. "Nah, you not doing shit. I'm only telling you this cause yo prideful ass need to work on getting that apology together for her."

"Apologize for what?" He asks. "Adonis." Vic deadpans. "Nah, for real. She the one who got herself in this situation. Yeah, he was wrong for what he doing to her but she know what type of nigga he is and still took his ass in with open arms. No. I'm not apologizing." He shakes his head. Vic massages his temples looking at his son. "And my momma or Corinne not gone change my mind." He adds, knowing Vic would run to them to get Demon to act accordingly.

"He's abusing your grandmother and you-"

"And either you gone handle that or I will. That still don't mean I gotta apologize for not fucking with her fucking with him." Demon shrugs. "You know Lorraine said the only reason she dealt with him was so that he didn't hurt her babies again," Vic tells him. "I'm not five anymore. That bitch can't do nothing to my momma that I can't save her from." Demon knew he was wrong for how he was going about the situation with his grandmother but honestly, his love for his grandmother wasn't enough to outweigh the hatred for his father.

"You so damn stubborn for no reason."

$ $ $

Corinne woke up a couple of hours later when she heard the tv turn on. She rolls onto her other side when she realizes he didn't wake her up soft with kisses like he usually did when he got home. "I brought the stuff." He says continuing to watch whatever was on TV. She opens her eyes, sitting up to look at him. "What's wrong with you?" She asks. "None." He says making her roll her eyes, getting up.

She holds her hand out making him pass her the CVS bag. She goes into the bathroom deciding to take a shower while she was in there. Corinne reads the instructions over and over again before finally taking the two tests. She puts the caps on the sample application window before getting in the shower. She didn't have her phone to play music so she wasn't in there for as long as she typically was but her thoughts kept her busy for a good 30 minutes.

It was crazy because she wasn't even scared of possibly being pregnant. She didn't even want kids before her current relationship but Demon had her thinking that possibly turning two into three was something that they would be able to manage and he had yet to show any emotion other than irritation and that had nothing to do with the possibility of them becoming parents in a couple of months.

She got out of the shower, putting the Johnson and Johnson Almond Oil on her body while her skin was still wet before drying off. Corinne wraps the towel around her body finally going to look at the two ClearBlue digital pregnancy tests.

♥︎♥︎♥︎
a/n: sooo it was a year ago today that i created this story. i was at a basketball game for senior night and i was talking to this boy at the concessions stand because i was the team manager for the boys and we spent a good five minutes flirting or whatever and he spent some money for taking up my time and i didn't get his number, his snap, none of that so i made a story on how i thought that would've turned out so yeah, today my idea-iversary.

also, y'all got 17 chapters left
anyways vote and comment!

also, y'all got 17 chapters leftanyways vote and comment!