𝟨𝟧 | 𝖬𝖨𝖭𝖣 𝖮𝖥 𝖠 𝖬𝖤𝖭𝖠𝖢𝖤

CORINNE WENT BACK IN THE bedroom that night waiting for him to ask

CORINNE WENT BACK IN THE bedroom that night waiting for him to ask. Waiting for him to care and he didn't. He didn't want to talk to her at all. He didn't want to talk about what was slowly eating away at his mind. He still wasn't talking about what was breaking him down, minute by minute to the point where he was mentally unavailable. Obvious to the fact that his girlfriend heeded him to be present. He didn't want to talk about the possibility of her being pregnant which the two tests had confirmed as a reality.

Corinne was pregnant with his baby and he didn't give a fuck. She put her pride to the side, just this once, and told him that she was pregnant to which he replied, "Oh." before going on about his business. Corinne made her an appointment for Thursday aka the day before she went to Houston with her family and Thursday came quickly.

$ $ $

"No, cause if you still don't feel good I'll figure something else out when it come to makeup," Mercedes tells Corinne. "I told you I was good," Corinne says sitting in the waiting room at Prentice Women's Hospital. "You sure? Cause I really can get this other girl to do it. She can't do makeup that good but if I get some basic, I should be okay."

"G, yo birthday October third. I'mma be cool by then." Corinne says standing up when they called her number. They had numbers instead of names due to privacy reasons. "I'mma call you back. I gotta join my next class." Corinne lies. "Okay. Love you."

"Love you too, bae." Corinne laughs before hanging up. "How are you doing today?" The nurse asks. "Good and you?" Corinne speaks cordially. "I'm doing great. Thanks for asking."

"So...it says here you are looking to confirm a pregnancy." She starts after taking her temperature, blood pressure, and weight. Corinne nods her head. "And you've gotten a positive home pregnancy test?" Corinne nods once more. "Do you have any idea of when the baby might've been conceived?" The nurse asks. "July tenth." Corinne looks down. "And your last period was around July?"

"It began June 30th and ended on July 5th," Corinne informs her. "So that would make your due date around April 6th but the ultrasound may show us something different." She says.

"The OB will be in shortly to take a transvaginal ultrasound. In the meantime, I would like it if you changed into this gown and urinated in this cup." The nurse tells her. Corinne nods, taking the cup and gown. "I'll be back soon." She offers the teen a small smile.

Corinne goes into the bathroom peeing in the cup carefully and thoroughly wiping before going to change into the gown. She sits on the bed, sending multiple texts to anybody who would respond because she knew Demon wouldn't.

She was scared because she was alone. She needed somebody. She had multiple games of Darts, 8-Ball, and Basketball going on with different people but she still was scared.

"Good Afternoon, Miss Solis." An older black woman with a white coat smiles coming into the room. Corinne read Dr. Alicia Moore, M.D, OB/GYN. "Good Afternoon," Corinne says, smiling with her eyes. "So today, we're going to be doing a transvaginal ultrasound. This is just to get the clearest picture possible." Dr. Moore explains while preparing the probe. Corinne nods slowly as Dr. Moore attempts to make small talk. "It's okay if you're nervous. I'm assuming this is your first pregnancy?" Corinne nods again. "It's normal to be nervous. It feels somewhat similar to a pap smear however it doesn't go as far."