Salt Water Taffy...

🍬

❝ He's gone, but he's everywhere. ❞

CEDRIC DIGGORY IS DEAD.

When someone asks Elysia Diggory to describe her summer, there is only one sentence that invades her mind and plays on repeat because normally that answer would start with "Well, Cedric and I ..." and suddenly she remembers. Her father has become more distant from her...not that they had been close before or anything. His favorite child had just passed away, and her mother was forever succumbed to a grave six feet underground. ( Much like her brother).

There were some dark days between Cedric's passing, and the last week of summer before her first term of fifth year. Thank Merlin for her group of best friends; Laura Suarez and Micah Bradford. She's not so sure she'd been able to get passed those days if it weren't for them. If some memory of Cedric came up and she was crying buckets, they'd hold her till she felt numb enough to be okay. They'd send her weekly packages of her favorite Muggle candy, Salt Water Taffy. And anybody who knew Elysia personally, knows how much she loves that candy.

As the summer went on, Elysia found it easier and easier to wake up in the morning without her heart in her stomach...and she wasn't crying every second when she stumbled passed Cedric's old quidditch gear, or framed pictures of the two holding each other.

Oddly enough, she wasn't the only one grieving over her dead brother. A parade of people, some strangers, some friends, and some acquaintances; had sent her a stack of letters with "I'm sorry's," and "You're brother was a hero," all that bullshit people say when someone dies. Harry Potter included. She wasn't so sure why'd his letter stuck out like a sore thumb. Probably, because he had witnessed her brother's death, or because his writing was chicken scratch and hard to read which made her laugh. Apparently, Harry like, dreams — or rather — has nightmares about Cedric dying over and over again.

Everyone just wants to talk with Elysia about Cedric. It's pretty awful, and she's not some kind of therapist to bring comfort about his death. She's still grieving too. Like, even Cho Chang insists on hanging out with her over the weekends, ( Not that she minds, Cho is a wonderful friend. ) But Godric, she was getting a little sick of it. She doesn't actually mind people like Harry sending her letters about Cedric. After all, he did witness her brothers death. She recalls Harry always being off on some sort of adventure with his trio — on a mission to break every rule imaginable.       
( Honestly, with her two closest friends being Gryffindor's, she knows just how "bold" ( annoying ) they could get. She's like never seen a calm Gryffindor.) Plus, they've always been friends. Micah, the Diggory's and the Weasley's all attended the World Cup last year, and like he totally let her crash Luna and Harry's "not date" when he asked her to the Yule Ball.