Sidestory: Christmas Morning🎄🦌

"Eddy."

Eddy turned over on his bed, refused to open his eyes.

He was not prepare to deal with anything outside of his warm and fuzzy bed. The only remaining awake braincell told him that today was the holiday. He supposed to wake up naturally, and then go out to receive the Christmas gifts prepared by his mother and his sister.

Of course, he was already pass the age to believe in Santa Claus, but the feeling of sitting under the Christmas tree and unpacking gifts every year still was the best feeling ever! The switch he received last year was the highlight of his year. However, all these wonderful things did not mean that he could happily accept being woken up early in Christmas morning.

"Eddy wake up!"

The voice was loud and clear this time.

"Mommm come onnnn, it's Christmas..."

Eddy groaned loudly and buried his head under the bed sheet. It's hot summer in Aussie, but his air condition was set so low that it created an illusion that it was like a REAL Christmas morning.

"Dude seriously? Don't tell me you actually forget."

The sound kept getting closer until Eddy felt the owner of the voice's hands, propped on both of his sides. Eddy was firmly trapped under the bed sheet. It wasn't his mom. Eddy realized who it was.

His best friend slash high school crush slash violin busking mate slash smash bro mate slash you name it, Brett, was right above him. Eddy suddenly glad that he hid himself under the sheet, cuz he knew he definitely could not hide his damn blush after his realization.

"Oh hi Brett, merry Christmas." His tiny voice came under his quilt, and Eddy was not sure how close Brett was, and he hoped Brett could not hear his thunderous heartbeat.

"Merry Christmas Eddy." Brett's low voice came from the other side of the sheets. Eddy realized Brett was even closer than he thought, so close that Eddy seemed to be able to hear Brett's steady breathing through his not-very-thick air-conditioned quilt.

There's some unnamed emotions in Brett's voice. Eddy wasn't sure what they were.

The room was quiet for a few seconds.

If we enter Eddy's room right now, it's obvious and easy to read from Brett's facial expression that he was trying SO HARD to suppress his urge to hug the person under the sheet. Well, according to the position, he was actually "almost" hugging him. But the person who was under the sheet will never see this. So we better help Brett keep this secret for now.

The silence was broken by Brett who lifted the quilt all of a sudden.

"OK! Wake—up—Sleepyhead! We suppose to busk in the Christmas market! We talked about this a week ago, remember?"

Eddy was caught off guard by the sudden light and fierce air conditioning. He covered his blushing face out of instinct. "Yeah yeah I remember."

"You seem not, my dear son~" Brett teased.

"Bro stop it!" Eddy blushed even harder, "Go wait outside, I'll get up right now."

"Why I can't stay here? I had watched you get changed all these years. There's nothing to see."

Brett obviously saw the redness on Eddy's face, so his evil instinct made him messed around immediately. He did really enjoy the time when he teased his best friend. The obvious blush on Eddy's face was the perfect reward for him. Plus he really did not wanna deal with the awkwardness when Eddy's mom asked which uni he would apply to and proudly said "I really hope our Eddy can pass the med test." Then gave him that look when Brett answered he would apply to the music uni. He didn't want to be thought as the "bad impact" of Eddy choosing the conservatory in the future, he did not want to be blamed. But he would certainly NOT mind if Eddy decide to join him there.

"Oh my—it will take a while!"

"Then I will wait here."

Eddy sat up from his bed and sighed as defeated. "Fine." He stumbled off the bed with his bare chest and grabbed a t-shirt from the floor. "Dude it's Christmas, dress a clean one." Brett still sat on the other side of the bed, judging him jokingly.

Eddy was embarrassed, he just wanna cover up his body real quick for god sake. He should wear a shirt before he went to bed last night if he knew Brett would appear in his room this early in the Christmas morning. "Of course! I know! Stop teasing me!" "All right, all right. Be quick."

Eddy knew Brett was looking at him. The stares were so obvious and firm. They were best friends. Yes, getting changed in front of your bro was such a normal and common thing. It's not a big of a deal. But since Eddy had realized his feelings for Brett now, it's a whole different story. Getting changed in front of your crush was such a dream scene that Eddy would never want to dream again. Like, never.

And Eddy must have lost his mind cuz he seemed to hear Brett swallowed.

Or had he?

After he was done with all the brushing-teeth-and-washing-face procedure, they finally got out the house. Although it was summer, the Christmas atmosphere was surprising high on the street. Every house they walked pass was beautifully decorated. The Christmas market was so crowded that they spent 30 mins to find the perfect spot for their busking.

"Eddy."

Eddy just set up his violin and turned when he heard his best friend calling him. A second later, a cute moose headdress was put on Eddy's head steadily and Brett himself was already put on the Christmas hat.

"Ahh, so cute!" Brett complimented and set up his violin as well. Eddy blushed a bit, "you too." oh man, he loved when Brett just casually called his name.

Their music hovered above the Brisbane, mixing with some warm sweet coffee aroma from the nearest cafe. Eddy saw Ken walked pass with his sister and gave them a weird look. Eddy felt disgusted instantly, but it was holiday, it's suppose to be the day of happiness, not hate. So he forced himself to give a small smile to them. But Ken just turned around and disappeared in the crowd. That was the last time Eddy saw him. At the beginning of the next semester he heard Ken's family immigrant to Canada so Eddy was able to enjoy his high school senior year without any fear of being bullied. But this was a whole another story.

Eddy peeked back at Brett secretly. When Brett was playing the violin, there was a tiny confident smirk at the corner of his mouth, with his slender fingers smoothly flying on the fingerboard. The next second, their eyes met.

Suddenly, Eddy felt a strong urge to say something, something that he felt it from his heart, something that he thought he had to tell Brett. But it was too cringed and obvious. He didn't want to interrupt this moment, the moment when there was only music, the moment when the music could speak for him. So he swallowed it back to his stomach.

The day will come, he believed, when he finally had the gut to say it out loud.

Brett, I think I wanna spend every Christmas with you.

——
🎄🦌Merry Christmas everyone!❄️✨🎁

Christmas is always my favorite time of the year! It just gave me the feeling of such a wholesomeness and an inexplicable sense of happiness.

Christmas decorations and gingerbread,
Candy cane and moose in the window,
Hot latte and snow,
That kind of warm feeling is the most amazing thing I had ever experienced.

Hope you and your family have a wholesome Christmas!!!♥️

And I had a new fanfic story coming up hehe, stay tuned!!! Love y'all

—Mendy.