V#1 Chapter 2- The Distant cry of Humanity(Part 2)(+extra)

Part 2

"There are seven billion philosophies working across the globe. And each of them is correct. If one ever stumbles upon an incorrect philosophy, it is not actually incorrect, it is just incompatible with one's own."

-Shiroyama Seniichi, The AoF storyteller

[22nd December,1997; 15:27 hrs]

[Private Orphanage "Children's Hope", Taketomi, Okinawa Prefecture]

I am standing in a corner right now, an aloof corner in the packed hall of the orphanage, which is currently filled with people, of all ages – young children, those belonging to the orphanage and those from outside, adults, and senior citizens. Also, I can see the head of the Taketomi administration standing at the front. But I am not in the front. I am in the corner. In that corner, where any eye cannot reach. All of them standing here, other than me, have something in common – all their eyes are wet. Wet with despair, wet with loneliness, wet with helplessness. Their eyes are like that rabbit which has been struck between two paths, one leading to the lion, other gong to the wolf.

Not like I blame them. They have lost rather important people to them. This is the final funeral ceremony of the Kogasaki after all.

That said, humans grieve only when they loose something that it exclusively important for their own existence or it makes their living easier in some way. This situation is a fine example of this philosophical theory. The kids are crying because they have lost their future lodging, in case something unlikely happens, and the adults are lamenting because of the others around them. They don't feel anything for the Kogasaki siblings, they are crying because if they don't, they might get a tag of being heartless. At least, that is my understanding, and my philosophy.

I cannot move to the front though, you ask why? Because if one person moves to the front of a weeping mob, only to burst out in laughter, would it not be strange?

Yeah, today is the day of celebration! I am on the peak of happiness right this instant, the feeling of rage inside of me has perished, with satisfaction taking its place. The fire of revenge has been put out, the results I dreamt for have been met! You fucking pedophiles in hell, can you see this??!! Look at what has come to pass! You seedlings are gone, just like you! Your generation has vanished from the face of earth!

You good for nothing bastards defiled me! You defiled me, you defiled all the other kids! You crushed their dignity, you feasted upon their personalities, you plunged them into despair, you destroyed their consciousness. You played in a calculative manner, you chose weaker opponents, who would not be able to oppose you, who would not be able to break your limbs, who would not be able to block your advances. But you forgot, you forgot that a trampled snake bites even more ferociously. You left me alive, thinking that I was the same as the other kids of my age, who will forget about your atrocities, once I turn into a money-earner. Too bad! Too bad! Too bad! Too bad! Too bad!

"Marika-sensei, you're smirking......control yourself......"

I notice the blond girl standing beside me, the so called "shy beauty" of the orphanage. Honestly, when did she come and stand here?

"Yui, when did you come here? The funeral is going on."

"When I saw that you were about to burst out in laughter. Not only me, all the other kids have noticed it too. You were the one who killed Shiori-sensei, right?"

"Of course! And it is kind of obvious that you people know that I was directly involved in Shiori-san's demise. But do they know about that? I wonder...."