chapter thirty two

chapter thirty two, family issues

SHE HADN'T SEEN ISAIAH since he left for one of the junctions and now she was worrying

SHE HADN'T SEEN ISAIAH since he left for one of the junctions and now she was worrying. It was the next day and her, Polly and Ada were awaiting for everyone to come back home from the plans that were set ahead. Once hearing the doors open they ran for it, seeing Michael holding small Charles in his arm. "Oh God." Polly exclaimed, as Ada took the boy into her arms. Kegan held onto the boy also, placing kisses on his face then as he began to laugh at her actions.

Once turning around, she saw Polly standing where Michael once was, who was now leaving, the group then watching them. The phone went off soon, Kegan making her way quickly towards it before picking it up and hearing Tommy's voice. "Let me speak to him." She quickly beckoned Ada who came quickly over with the boy in her hands. She brought the receiver up towards Charlie, who began mumbling. "Hello Charlie." Tommy's voice was rather quiet due to it not being by her ear but the three could still make it out. "Hello Charlie." Tommy had repeated again, the warmth in his voice put a large smile to the girl's face that she couldn't help but let out a tear over it. "Can you hear me? Yeah, yeah you go to bed. Good boy."

The receiver then clicked as the three woman danced in joy with the boy who was giggling to himself as he watched his family laugh and dance rather clumsily. "Okay bed time for Charles." Kegan then smiled, looking to the little boy.

The three made their way towards Tommy's home before settling the small boy into his bed where he fell fast asleep. After leaving the boy's bedroom, she made her way to the telephone that sat in Tommy's office. She dialled the number, awaiting for an answer from Isaiah or even Jeremiah, but instead she was left on no answer. She soon made her way into her bed, her head worrying between what had happened to the boy and why he hadn't seen her as soon as he had gotten home. Had something gone wrong?

"WHERE IS HE?" Tommy asked, looking towards the two sisters who stood by entrance of his house when he got out of his car as quick as he could.

"He's upstairs." Ada replied, the man flying past to them towards his son who was in his bedroom with the kid. He didn't come down for a while to which when he did, he flew out of the house and back into his car, leaving just as quick as he entered. Ada then stood up, moving towards Tommy's office with no words.

She heard her talking on the phone line for a good while, before she made her way into the room to see what she was doing. Once Ada had placed the phone down on the receiver after her call she moved forward, "What're you doing?"

"Tommy ordered a business meeting in a few hours time." She replied, looking at the woman before looking back down at her list for who she was to call next.

"If you get a hold of Isaiah, tell me." She replied, moving closer to look over the list.

"I will." Ada merely replied, watching as her sister left the office and back into the big room.