10. I hope my hair looks okay

Sorry, sorry, sorry, for the late update. Classes have been crazy. I plan on uploading another couple chapters this weekend. Also, I've been right in the middle of midterms and it totally sucks.

Anyway, Enjoy!

Everly's POV

"Why are we here?" Ian questioned as he looked out the window at the tall building in front of us.

I tapped Sam's shoulder so he opened his eyes to look at me. I pointed to the door, letting him know we were getting out. He hadn't bothered to turn his hearing aids back on and honestly, with Ian's never-ending criticisms the entire ride there, I was wishing I had a pair to switch off myself.

The fact that he continued to leave them off didn't bother me anyway, seeing as how he could read lips very well and we could have conversations just fine without a problem. He also knew sign language, of course, but since I didn't know nearly as much as he did, it was easier for us to communicate in other ways.

Plus, I figured at this particular point in time, Sam didn't want to use sign language and tip-off Ian that he couldn't hear a damn word he'd said the entire car ride.

Ten minutes into the car ride, I'd had to deal with my phone blowing up as well as Ian's ranting. It had started with a text message from Chase. It was one word long and said simply, "Sorry." I took that to mean he hadn't been too successful in stalling Lily. Immediately following that text, my phone had begun ringing. Lily's number had flashed across the screen.

She'd tried calling at least seven more times before Sam's phone began ringing instead. Since he'd had it on vibrate, he was well aware of it and had pulled it from his pocket to show me it was her calling. I had then watched him hang up the call and text her instead. After that, he put it on silent and slipped it back in his pocket.

"We're here," I said to Ian. "because this is the scene of the crime," I said mockingly. "Is it not?"

I could feel Ian's glare but I ignored him as I stepped out of the car, walking toward the front entrance of the building. Sam and Megan followed behind and Ian was quick to follow as well. Though, Ian was quick to follow to begin informing me of everything I was doing wrong.

"Are you insane?" He questioned. "You can't just walk right in. There are cameras everywhere."

"Really?" I said sarcastically. "I hope my hair looks okay."

Megan laughed from behind me and when Ian turned to glare at her, she clapped a hand over her mouth.

As we walked into the building, we walked past the people in line to get through security, pushed through the door that read Employees Only, and walked straight for the elevators.

Ian looked like he was about to burst a blood vessel in his forehead at the, and I quote, "Complete and utter lack of stealthy and agent-like behavior." I reminded him that two of the people in his present company were not agents. Which only made the vein in his head pulse more.

I was pretty sure he really wanted to hit me. I was also sure that he wouldn't have a problem with doing just that. And considering I wanted a good excuse to be able to tell Zero as to why I murdered a fellow agent, I was willing to let him.

"That is the elevator for the CEO and executives," Ian hissed.

"Huh," I said as I made a show of leaning back to look at the sign on the wall next to the elevator. "Would you look at that?" The doors opened and I stepped right in.

Sam and Megan both followed while Ian swore before finally stepping into the elevator. He made of point of staring directly at the camera in the upper corner, hunching his head down.