chapter 3- will be there

I slowly get up, wiping my tears from remembering childhood trauma and the pain of my scrapes and bruises. I wrap my arms in the gauze that I picked up from the prison infirmary. Nobody understands how much I miss my parents, hell, my old life in general. Now I'm on the run 24/7 with nobody to turn to except my uncle. I bought a bus ticket from Port Quince to BridgeBank, It's about time I go see him again. I got into the bus and sat next to a nosy elderly woman. She repeatedly tried to make small talk with me, which I wouldn't mind if it were any other day than today. Today, I'm nervous about seeing my uncle. I don't want him to be disappointed in me. This old lady keeps nagging in my ear and I'm so sick of it. "ENOUGH!" I roared at the top of my lungs. Every civilian in the bus stopped and stared at me. The woman showed me a face of fear and sat quietly for the rest of the ride. After a few more hours of traveling, the bus took a stop at a local coffee shop, and I rode an abandoned skateboard the rest of the way to my uncle's apartment complex. I rang the doorbell and waited patiently for my uncle to open the door. Hearing the click of the lock turn, my heart rate quickened swiftly. I was waiting for a face of disappointment but instead I got a warm welcome. Smiling widely, my uncle wrapped me in a big hug and escorted me into the apartment. "What a nice surprise Liam, after you proved your innocence did they let you out?"My uncle questioned. "I couldn't stand being locked up in there anymore. Consequently, I had to take matters into my own hands." I told him hesitantly. He carefully inspected my cut up arms and face. There was the disappointed look I hoped to never see.