-1-

I DO NOT OWN YAKUSOKU    NO NEVERLAND/THE PROMISED NEVERLAND!!!

__________________________

  Y/n grazed her fingers against the ginormous stone wall that separated her from the outside world from freedom. The smooth surface allowed her fingers to slide effortlessly, the cold feeling in her fingertips made her smile, she knew that one day she would get out of this fake home where children were raised only to be eaten or forced to complete for Mom and Sister positions.

  'My eighth year of living this fake life is coming... I'll get out of here soon enough.'

The bell ringed signaling for all children to come back to the house, she slowly walked taking in each step on the soft grass as she wasn't in a rush to get back.

~

She took a seat in the empty library with a book in hand, the h/c-nette had a slight smile after reading one of her favorite lines "The power of a glance has been so much abused in love stories, that it has come to be disbelieved in. Few people dare now to say that two beings have fallen in love because they have looked at each other. Yet it is in this way that love begins, and in this way only." Les Misérables was her favorite book, something about the story of starting a rebellion, failing, falling in love, being rejected, and death tugged on her heartstrings, she could picture herself as many characters, she heavily related to many. Her eyes lit up each time she flipped a page, each sentence sent a chill through her, every interaction, every bit of information and detail had her at the edge of her seat even though she had been reading this for years.

  "Y/n." She was brought out of her thoughts and back into reality by the voice of a boy "Hello Ray." Y/n closed the book and looked up at the boy who was holding his book " Do you mind if I read in here?" "No, not at all." She replied giving him a soft look with her eyes which made his face grow red.

Ray was older than her by a couple of months, they were always close sharing a love for reading and silence, they understood each other. The two were alike in many ways, like knowing the secret of the house, however, they didn't know the other knew.

"Are you reading Les Mis again?" He asked not looking up from his book "Why yes I am." Y/n bluntly responded, "Why?" She asked raising an eyebrow "I just wanted to know... you really like that book, don't you? You're always reading it. I don't think I've ever seen you without it in hand." She nodded "Hm... of course, I do it's a wonderful story. And I find it very comforting like I can somehow relate to the characters and storyline."

Ray smiled at her as she talked about the book and the characters she found comfort in, His smiling was a rare occurrence and it seems he only smiled around Y/n, whenever she spoke his heart would beat fast, her laugh made him feel as if he could explode, and in the moments they shared alone he felt as if the two of them were the only ones in the world. She meant everything to him, he wanted her to be safe.

Y/n you're really pretty." The eight-year-old boy said, his words made the e/c eyed girl sit up straight a light pink tint dusted on her cheeks "I-I have to go- uh- my laundry?" She quickly stood up from her seat "Sorry." The small girl then rushed out of the room with her book tucked under her arm.

She stopped by the bathroom 'No you can't start feeling like this. You're almost eight. You're going to escape. You're not coming back. You can't start to feel this way about him. You're never going to see him again.' Her thoughts raced through her mind as she washed her face with water, "I can't change my mind I've waited for years." Y/n whispered to herself as she turned the faucet off, studying herself in the mirror

"Pretty? Eh...he was messing with me, right?" Her e/c eyes shined in the vague light of the bathroom.

~

"Y/n." Norman said quietly " It's time for dinner, would you like to eat in here or- nevermind I'll just bring it up to you-" The white-haired boy was cut off by Y/n standing up from her bed "I'll join you downstairs just uh give me a second." The albino boy nodded before smiling and making his way back to the dining hall.

~

Norman's head perked up when he saw h/c hair entering the room "Y/n! Over here!" He waved towards a seat next to him. The quiet girl sat next to him "Thank you." "No problem."

A small girl with green-eyes beamed "Y/n! You're finally eating with us!! YAY!" Y/n winced at the young girl's excitement "Shh quiet down Emma."

"Oh, Y/n you're eating with us today." A certain raven-haired boy said as he took a seat across from her "Why?" The girl blinked "Felt like changing it up a bit." The ginger who was sat next to Ray eyes widened "DOES THAT MEAN YOU'LL PLAY WITH US?!" The h/c-nette jumped at the yelling "I mean why not seems like fun." Emma jumped up from her seat "YAY!" "Calm down Emma," Norman said trying to get Emma to sit down.

~

Y/n laughed at the emerald-eyed girl "I should eat with you three more often," She stood up with her plate and cup "I have to finish something so if you'd excuse me-" Ray stood up as well "I'll take your dishes Y/n." The girl responded, "Why thank you, Ray." He slightly smiled and quickly turned away trying to hide his now red cheeks "Bye!" Y/n waved at the finger and albino who returned her wave.
~

  Third-person pov

  Y/n spun around the library holding a pencil and a notebook, she was floating in her thoughts on the wonderful dinner she just had with her friends. After learning the secret Y/n became distant, before figuring out everything was fake she was lively, she never frowned, she played non-stop. But that night ruined her, she couldn't smile, she couldn't enjoy anything, she didn't want to grow attached to anyone but here she was finding herself getting quite attached to Emma, Norman, and Ray.

  "Wow, Y/n." Ray interrupted her dancing in her mind "Care to join me?" Y/n put out a hand for the boy "Come on I don't bite." He blinked a few times before giving in and taking the girl's hand "See this isn't so bad." She had to look up at the boy a bit "You should stop covering your eye it's weird." Y/n lifted her arm and brushed his bangs behind his ear "Much better." Ray blushed "Do you remember the deal we made?" He asked causing Y/n to frown "It was something along the lines of 'When we turn 12 if you're taller than me you have to marry me.' Why?" "No reason." She nodded.

That deal made her remember the fact that she was leaving in two months, the fact that she'd never get to see him again, the fact that even if she did stay they wouldn't be able to get married in this damned world, she would be chosen to compete for the Mom or Sister positions and Ray... he'd die.

~

A/N: My God this took me so long to write. I know I know you guys probably think I'm obsessed with Ray because all of my TPN fanfictions are about him, I promise I'm not obsessed with him he's just a big kin and comfort character for me, I also kin Norman and he and Emma are also comfort characters but for some reason, I find it easier to write about Ray. I might base the next chapter on Y/n playing tag and being a kid for a bit and then in chapter three she'll actually make her escape!