Beautiful

"You want to know the shittiest part about all of this? All our friends, come to find out were basically his..." Camila tossed him the weighted medicine ball.

They were doing sit ups and when she passed him the ball, he was hold it and do a sit up. They did this interchangeable. Shawn figured it made sense to get in a workout while he was training her. She was now little more independant didn't need him standing right there to guide her. He'd showed her how to use the machines and he watched from a distance as she completed the prescribe workout exercises.

"That's pretty shitty... " Shawn said as he now handed her the medicine ball.

They completed their reps and Camila couldn't help that all the girls were checking him out, all the time. He was in great shape and although she didn't yet have abs like him, she did feel that her stomach was more toned. Overall, she felt like she had more energy and maybe it was the workouts gave her endorphins, as Shawn explained, or maybe it was that her days were no longer consumed with thoughts of her ex boyfriend.

After their workout, they grabbed a bite to eat, he went over to her apartment to "assess" the damage.

"These... all have to go..." Shawn said looking at her shoe collection.

"They're comfortable..."

"Do you own... any heels?"

"No... what do I need heels for?"

Shawn shook his head. "You have more of these?" He pointed to her overalls.

"They're comfortable..."

"Clearly comfort is more important to you than style..."

"I have style..."

"You have the style of a female Mr.Rogers..." Shawn quipped.

His remarks no longer cut her as deep, rather they were tiny tidbits of truths, she supposed. "These..."

"Are his..." Camila frowned. "I don't know why I still have them..."

"Do you have other things... that belong to him?"

Camila pointed to a cardboard box in the corner. "Can I?"

She nodded and he walked over and opened the box. It was full of a smattering of things that made no sense to him but he could clearly see photos of them. The girl he saw in these pictures was smiling, but didn't look happy."

"I feel weird just throwing them away.. I don't know...." Camila said sadly. He nodded and closed the box. "We'll find something... as for you... make a pile. Clothes you want to keep and clothes you don't want... and I better not find more than one pair of overalls in the keep pile..."

She groaned and got to work while he sat at her kitchen table on his laptop. Somewhere along the way he wandered around the apartment and saw photos of when Camila was younger. There was one with someone she thought was her dad and it was cute. The smile on her face was adorable. He knew her parents and her sister lived a couple hours away.

 He knew her parents and her sister lived a couple hours away