𝟨𝟨 | 𝖫𝖨𝖥𝖤 𝖦𝖮𝖤𝖲 𝖮𝖭

this chapter is dedicated to herpoeticpain thank you for this amazing cover!

CORINNE WENT TO SLEEP IN the guest bedroom and woke up a couple of hours later due to terrible cramps

CORINNE WENT TO SLEEP IN the guest bedroom and woke up a couple of hours later due to terrible cramps. She attempted to adjust her body before realizing that she was uncomfortable because the bed was wet. She got up and went into the bathroom that was connected to the room. She turned on the light in the bathroom, looking down to see her light grey shorts were completely saturated in a crimson-colored liquid.

She freezes, panicking at the overwhelming amount of blood before immediately strips herself of the shorts, physically feeling her heartbreak seeing the clots of blood and tissue inside of her underwear. Tears start falling down her face when she realized what was happening and there was nothing she could do to stop it.

"It's okay...I'm okay." Corinne attempts to prevent herself from having a panic attack. She turns on the shower before getting in. She looks down at the ground watching her blood mix with the water. She washes her body as tears fall from her eyes before it gets unbearable with her eyes burning. She starts hyperventilating and gagging as her reality completely sets in.

Corinne went to sleep nearly three months pregnant and woke up in the process of losing her baby.

She gets out of the shower, wrapping the towel around her body before looking at herself in the mirror. She grabs her phone off of the bathroom counter to grab her phone, opening her MyChart app.

She goes on the directory searching for Dr. Moore. She trusted her. Corinne, finds her direct extension calling the number. She sniffles, listening to the phone ring. "Hello?" Corinne hears her southern voice ask.

"Dr. Moore...it's umm Corinne Solis. I had an appointment with you earlier today." Corinne starts, trying her best to keep her voice steady. "What do you need, sweetheart?"

"I um...I woke up and there was a lot of blood. Too much blood for my-" Corinne's voice cracks as more tears start to involuntarily fall. "Too much blood for my baby to be okay. I-I don't know what to do." She cries. "Oh, um...are you still actively bleeding?" She asks Corinne.

"Yes." Corinne nods, using a tissue to wipe away the blood that was rolling down her leg. "And you're experiencing cramps every couple of minutes or so?"

"Yes," Corinne says.

"So you are having a miscarriage and it's completely common and this doesn't necessarily mean that there is something wrong with you. You should be okay especially because you're experiencing contractions. I advise you to use a maxi-pad to collect the blood. If you go through two maxi-pads in an hour...call me again and if I don't answer, call the emergency room and they will connect you to me. For the pain, the physical pain because I know it hurts mentally too, sweetie. I know it hurts really bad. I want you to take pain medicine. I recommended Tylenol extra-strength for Arthritis. It's an 800-milligram pain killer that you can get without a prescription. I also want you to get iron and vitamin c pills to boost your immune system." She explains just listening to Corinne cry and cry.