Chapter Four

This was the dare. The fucking dare. The one that caused Harry to continue. The one that made it so he couldn't stop. The one that left cuts in his arms. The one that caused all of the problems. The one that made him hate Zayn. The one that made his mother worry. The one that fucking ruined his life.

And no, this isn't being over dramatic. This is what happened. Who knew that one singular cut would cause Harry to believe he deserved it.

Anytime something went wrong.

cut.

Anytime he was beat.

cut.

Anytime his mother broke down.

cut.

He believed it was all his fault. Everything that happened to his friends and family.

Zayn didn't even think Harry would go through with the dare. It was supposed to be a joke. A JOKE. He didn't know how far it would become. That it would ruin his (at the time) friend's life.

-

"Harry," Zayn spoke. "I had no idea."

"About what?"

"Y-you continued," he answered.

Harry became uncomfortable. He avoided looking at Zayn once again.

"Harry, I'm so sorry. I had no idea it would get this far. I didn't mea-

"It's okay," Harry looked up.

"Huh?"

"I said it's okay."

Harry walked Zayn to the door and bid him farewell. His mother clearly starring at them. Once Harry shut the door his mother walked to him.

"Was that?" she swallowed.

Harry nodded.

"What was HE doing here?!"

"I-I..he want-ed to..t.talk," Harry hugged his mother.

"Harry, I don't want that kid in my house. Do you understand me?"

Harry nodded.

"Good. Now, could you please run to the store and get some groceries for dinner?" Anne asked.

"Sure mum," Harry took the list from his mother and headed out the door.

-

Harry went over the list once more to make sure he didn't miss anything.

Accidentally, the list flew out of his hands and hit the floor.

"Oops," he said reaching down.

"Hi." a male voice added, helping Harry up.

The boy had light brown hair and these piercing pale blue eyes. He looked around the same age as Harry although he was shorter. The warmth of his hand shot throughout his entire body leaving a sense of comfort. This boy was different.

Harry looked down for a second. By the time he looked up, the boy was nowhere to be seen.

Who was he? Harry knew he clearly didn't go to his school, or he would've recognized the lad. Maybe he was visiting?

Harry payed and went back home with the groceries, but couldn't seem to get that boys face out of his head.

-

That night Harry sat up in his bed still thinking about the blue-eyed boy. He wasn't like anyone else he's seen before. He was, well different. Harry couldn't quite put his finger on it.

A/N: okay so i decided to release a second short one today. do you like the short ones or would you prefer longer??

-G