The Call - I

By the crack of dawn Corellia was already set to leave. She swung the heavy messenger bag over her shoulder and then went on to the wash room. There she cupped two handfuls of water and gently dipped her face into the little puddle of water that sat in her small dainty hands.

Corellia almost found herself falling over at the sound of footsteps approaching her. She turned her head quickly and exhaled with relief to see her older friend from town standing at the door.

"Since when did you get here Eryx?" She patted down her button up top and puffed her cheeks out.

Eryx Shaw was a tall lanky fellow who was just older than her by two years. She was her only friend on the planet since she didn't really have the time to make friends. He was the one who had taken an interest in Corellia ever since he first saw her. With her old bounty huntress uniform he immediately knew she was from off planet.

A tall fairly handsome boy who had wavy dirty blonde hair. His eyes were the hue of an emerald green. Around town his face was very well known, mainly for his good looks. But he was just a boy who worked in a mechanic shop owned by his father.

Eryx simply ignored her question. "Uncle Gael came to the mechanic shop in a hurry last night. He noted me of your departure." Those green eyes read concern and confusion. He furrowed his eyebrows "Why?"

"My friend..." She looked down releasing a long sigh. "He's in trouble and he needs my help. I can't be bound to this planet forever, my path in life says otherwise."

"Uncle Gael has been waiting you. Now that he's reunited with you.. you're going to leave him?"

Corellia bit down on her lower lip and shook her head. "You have to take care of him for me Eryx. He's the only family I have left and I cannot lose him."

"Then don't leave." He stated with a stern voice.

She exhaled with frustration. "I knew you wouldn't understand." Corellia brushed past him and made her way outside to where her ship was stationed. There she saw her Uncle gazing over the horizon towards the morning suns.

The old man stood tall with his hands clasped behind his back. His shoulders lifting up and down every time he took a deep breath. "I knew he wouldn't be able to change your mind. I just thought it might've worked somehow." He chuckled breathlessly and turned around.

Corellia picked up her pace and ran to him, throwing her arms around his shoulders and leaning her head against his chest. She was filled with regret but her mind was clear. Gael returned a warm fight embrace to say his goodbyes.

"Please be safe starlight. Your father would be so proud if he could see how much you've grown." He planted a small kiss upon the top of her head before letting her go.

She nodded before turning around to face her friend. He was standing directly behind her with a small pouch in his hands. "You've got too much of your fathers personality I hear. I admire you Corellia Kahn. Truly. Here's a gift I wanted to give you on your birthday but since you're leaving so soon... I figured I'd give it to you now."

Corellia wrapped her fingers carefully around the small gift and opened it. Inside was a pocket knife with her name engraved onto it. With an outer shell made of wood and a sharp knife hidden to defend herself with.

"It's wonderful Eryx," She carefully examined each and every detail. "Thank you." A small smile of gratitude stretched upon her lips.

Eryx gave her a small smile before pulling her into a short hug. He then rested both his hands on his shoulders and looked into her eyes, "You're one hell of a woman Corellia, the most courageous one I've met on this barren waste land."

Corellia let out a small chuckle, rubbing the back of her neck. "Thank you for everything Eryx."

"CR-7 did you check if the hyperdrive was for sure activated on this piece of junk?" Corellia turned her head slightly to get a good look at the astromech. It chirped with confidence and proceeded to roll up to the cockpit.

The piece of junk she had managed to score at a nearby junkyard on Tatooine was a VCX-100 light freighter. The man she had bought it from had informed her of a bit of history about the ship. This particular ship was a piece of history that was left after the Battle of Scarif. She had scored it for such a reasonable price but it was mainly the hull of the ship that was still standing.

The engine and hyperdrive was completely destroyed.

Corellia let out a deep sigh. She pushed her back against the chair and cracked her neck. "Alright buddy, plug in and tell me where Mando is."

The little R-Unit plugged it's system into the ship and began transferring any data that could lead Corellia to the Mandalorian. She watched the screen carefully, eagerly awaiting for the droid to reveal his location. Finally, the name of a planet she wasn't familiar with had popped up on the dashboard.

"The Tython system? What are they doing there?" She squinted her eyes to be sure she was reading it correctly. "Growing up I had only heard of this system maybe once or twice."

"At least it's not as far as Coruscant.." She mumbled before punching in the coordinates of Tython. It'd be a miracle if the ship could make it to the Deep region as it was in bad shape when she had bought it. Without the hyperdrive the ship might have taken weeks to get to Tython.

"Alright buddy, I guess we're going to Tython"