36

my favorite part

my favorite part

ATHENA LAUGHED AS STEFAN ROLLED ON TOP OF HER, PRESSING KISSES ALL OVER HER FACE. "Stefan," Her laughter echoed through the bedroom and she wrapped her arms around the grinning vampire's shoulders and raised her knee to slot him between her legs. Using her momentum, she flipped them around and straddled his chest, making him rest his hands on her hips.

"We have things to do today. You have to decorate for the Lockwood charity thing," Athena grits her teeth at the thought of any of the Lockwood men. She can't even remember the last time she talked to Tyler, but it didn't change the fact that he'd made his stance clear when it came to Elena or her. "If Mason even breathes wrong today, I'm snapping his neck."

"I appreciate the sentiment, sweetheart," He drawls, sighing as he thinks of the empty blood bags in his nightstand drawer. He already felt stronger than he had in years, and there wasn't any doubt in him that he would be able to defend Athena if Mason tried something. "I think it'll be fine. He won't try anything in public, at least not in front of Mayor Lockwood."

The doorbell rings before Athena can respond, and she groans, shifting to get off of Stefan's lap. "I have to get the door,"

"Let Damon get it,"

"I'm not getting it!"

Athena rolls her eyes at Damon's echoing voice, knowing full well he could get it if he wanted to. "I'll be right back, it's probably just Bonnie or something,"

She slides off of Stefan, ignoring his protests as she grabs a pair of silk pajama shorts off of the ground and hurries down the stairs from his bedroom to the front door. She swings the door open, eyes narrowing immediately at the unexpected face standing on the other side of the door.

"Jeremy? What are you doing here?"

"Oh! Athena," He startles, dragging his eyes up her frame. "I, uh, I didn't know you'd be here."

"My car is in the driveway, and my boyfriend lives here," She hums, ignoring his obvious ogling. "What are you doing here?"

Jeremy clears his throat, looking over the top of her head. "I need to talk to Damon,"

"And why do I need to talk to you?" Damon's voice comes from behind her and she steps back, opening the door more as the vampire approaches. He reaches for the door, pushing it closed, but Jeremy stops him from shutting it in his face.

"Tyler Lockwood has to kill someone to activate his curse. He's not a werewolf, yet,"

Athena's eyes widen and she looks at Damon, who narrows his eyes in feigned irritation.

"Wow, fascinating. Not enough," He tries to shut the door on Jeremy again, but the boy stops him.

"But Mason Lockwood is and he's looking for a moonstone, a special rock connected to the werewolf legend. That's why he's here."