Mephisto would rather not be a responsible adult

Waddling through the halls Rin stumbled across an odd stone. Transparent and glowing red certainly stood out amongst the dull stone.

Cracking his jaw open he slid the rock into his mouth, he began bounding back to Lucifer's den to boast about his newest find. Cool little trinkets like this were hard to find but Rin still mangled to find one on occasion.

Little bits and pieces of treasure always managed to slip out of the lord's dens as they moved along the corridors. The little fraction of their wealth meant practically nothing but Rin it was the entire world, and it was better he found it and hoard it rather than some random dragon.

He was three molds into his teen body and had grown significantly already, still, he was only about the size of Samael's skull and his scales were far too soft to provide any significant protection against any dragon larger than himself.

For now, he would remain a scavenger and practice hunting as well as flying inside the cave system under the watchful eyes of Lucifer, Azazel, and Samael. Well, it was more Lucifer than anyone else; Azazel spent most of his time with humans and Samael had gotten rather active with mates crawling in and out of his cave each and every night.

They never stayed for too long but he still managed to have a constant flow of fully matured dragons, making it far more dangerous for Rin to reside in Samael's cave for the nights or even evening.

Approaching the mouth of the cave Rin froze, Samael's tail darted across each side in a territory stance and a daring bellow escaped from his jaws.

"I am not telling you to stop looking for a mate, I am telling you to stop prioritizing it above all else. You have been getting rather lax on your duties as a dragon lord and Azazel and I are tired of your constant laziness," Lucifer snarled as Rin sunk against the wall and began moving closer with his catch.

Amaimon was scouting and Iblis was sleeping so there wasn't anyone else he could go to in order to wait out this current conflict. So he stood, pressed against the wall listening to the beating hearts and echoing growls as he clung to the glowing rock.

"I have been doing my fair share of work, I have not delayed a single one of our advancements. I don't understand why you two are making such a big deal about my private life,"

"Because of how you are acting, you never show up to meetings anymore you have skipped several scouting missions, and not to mention you don't even care to eat with us anymore," Azazel stepped in wind rushing past his wings as they shot open fanning out making him look more an of a threat than he claimed to be.

"You don't care to invite me to meetings anymore, I have only missed scouting because you overscheduled yourselves and decided last moment to pawn it off to me. You are mad because I have priorities as well, and so what if I don't care to eat with you. My eating habits do not affect you,"

"It makes all the difference Samael. You are acting like you don't even know us like you don't even care. You have even been ignoring Rin for the selfish goods of your pleasure," Lucifer's claws prickled into the gold sending mounds crushing under his constrictive grasp.

"It's rather bold of you to assume I even care about that sparkly brat," Samael seethed through his fangs, sending fragments through fire through his strong-worded language.

A noisy clatter sounded through the corridors as the stone came crashing onto the floor shattering as the fracture point succumbed to gravity. Rin stood above the gem watching as it all unraveled to shambles, just a mickey of parts of a jewel.

Samael didn't care about him? They are brothers, he loves and cares about him. Or was that just a lie? Endless moments, spent sleeping, playing, practicing, and even eating all meant nothing to him. The entire world which Samael had handcrafted was just getting in the way.