[ONS] ooc Mika x fem!OC

A/N: This snippet is inspired by that ONS chap when Mika becomes a complete vampire, but I changed some stuff. I do not own Owari no Seraph.

***

Kana came to slowly. She found herself lying on the floor inside of an old building of some sort. Her body felt sore, but she managed to lift herself up. What caught her eye was a crouched figure not too far away, leaning on the furniture.

"Um... Hello?" she called, to get their attention.

In an instant, the person's head twitched in her direction with wild look in their sky blue eyes. Kana recognized this man being the one who has saved her in a skirmish earlier. He had blond, messy locks that were falling in his face and looked like they could use a little cutting. The clothing he had on was that standard uniform you'd normally see vampires in. But there wasn't a cape to his outfit, meaning he should be a noble.

The young man looked hurt. He was panting heavily, not taking his gaze off Kana, and there was blood all over his white clothes. The girl knew he was a vampire from before already – she has seen his fangs a while back –, yet something felt off about him. He wasn't like the others she'd seen until now.

"...Run..." the vampire spoke, seemingly choking on his own irregular breath. "G-get away... from me..."

Kana didn't quite understand, but she was a too kind to heartlessly abandon someone who's suffering right in front of her. She knew there was one way for a vampire to heal, and the thoughts of it brought back unpleasant memories to her. She didn't like the idea one bit, but seeing the vampire she had met today for the first time in such a terrible state wouldn't let her leave.

The vampires indeed did take a lot from her, if not nearly everything. And she despised them, yes. But she just couldn't bring herself to hate this person in front of her. She couldn't see him as one of those creatures she loathed so much, even though she unmistakably knew he was.

"You're hurt, aren't you?" Kana asked. It was more of a rhetorical question, because she stood up without waiting for an answer and took a few steps towards the man.

"STOP," he growled. "Turn around and leave... please."

Startled by the harsh tone, Kana stopped, eyeing the vampire in front of her. His gaze was strong, but the girl didn't find a single trace of malice in them.

Then, he snapped. In a blink of an eye, Kana was on the floor again, pinned to it with a force exceeding hers by a long shot. As a soldier of the Demon Army, she realized that even a whole squad wouldn't be enough to take him down.

She didn't resist, yet she couldn't help but feel a little scared now. The way he looked at her... as if he would suck her dry as soon as he bites her. But...

"Why are you like this? Why won't you bite me?" she prompted, mentally cursing for asking at all. Yes, she was curious, but to the extent of letting herself be killed? Maybe not.

The vampire flinched when she uttered the word 'bite' and gritted his teeth. Kana could see tears forming at the corners of his eyes, making them sparkle despite the dim lightning. He then squeezed his eyes shut and weakened his grip on her arms, releasing her completely as he pushed himself away.

"I won't become... a monster..."

'Huh.' Kana was taken aback by that statement.

"What do you mean?" the girl asked.

The man grunted, having a hard time controlling himself.

"As soon as I drink human blood... I will become a full-fledged vampire," he managed to say, huffing loudly. "I don't want to be one of those damned... bloodsuckers... I'll be better off dead..."