Chapter 3: Date Night with an ex-rebel shock trooper

-spoilers-

-pg-13-

-I don't own the Mandalorian characters-

-art is not mine (pls enjoy this Queen Amidala fanart)-

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Opellin's Pov

I'd be lying if I said Tia's idea to get me a date wasn't questionable in the least, but I've known her for 24 years of my life, and Tia can be very chaotic. Granted, so can I, but taking over the entire Nevarro black market is pretty ridiculous.

 "Oh, quit your moping, Opel." Tia butted in. "It worked didn't it?"

"I guess so," I replied. "But don't you think it was a bit...extra?"

"Extra is just how we do it darling." Tia added from across the room, where she sat on a small stool in front of the mirror, braiding her still damp hair into her signature double french braids.

"Now then, the first step to a successful first date is to dress appropriately."

"Don't tell me you're gonna measure my outfit to make sure it's below the knee."

 "Nonsense! Everybody knows short is better. Now, I'm thinking the dark red suit with a black shirt ."

"Won't that be a bit much?"

"Bitch, you're dressed to impress (and maybe get laid). It's not too much. Now c'mon. You have a (very hot) date who's waiting for you. Get dressed so you can memorize the cue cards."

"YOU MADE CUE CARDS?!"

"Oh, this'll be good."

"...Shut up Shae."

- time skip-

 As promised, I met Marshall Dune in front of the newly built Nevarro Cantina, at exactly 7:00. While I was (very literally) dressed to impress, Marshall Dune was wearing her armor. I had the sudden realization that I might be overdressed. But then I caught the Marshall glance down every so slightly, and felt just fine, but maybe just a little flushed.

"Nice suit."

 "Thanks, uh, Celestia picked it out for me. It's one of hers."

"Is that the blond one who suggested a threesome?"

"Yeah, she can be a bit...suggestive. I should know, I've known her for 24 years."

"Wow! And if you don't mind me asking, how old are you?"

"Oh it's ok, I'm 25. What about you?"

"34."

oh shit

"Ok then." she's wayy older than me! Oh well, no going back now.

"Wanna get our table?"

"Sure."

We got a table in the back. Marshall Dune said it was to minimize assassination attempts. I mean, that shouldn't be much of a problem, considering we decimated one criminal organization, and are in cahoots with another. And I think Otasse is smart enough to leave our potential romantic partners be.

 "So uh, Marshall Dune, how long have you been on this planet?"

 "Please, call me Cara. And I've been on Nevarro for about....6 months."

 "Well, I guess that means you've earned 'Call me Opel privileges. And we've been on Nevarro for about one and a half weeks."

 "Heh, alright then Opel, where did you and Celestia grow up?"