Chapter 3

Emi glared at the ceiling, her blue eyes finally on display. Yesterday, the Hokage had given her money to buy new clothes and food for her new home. He had sent a jonin to accompany her in order to show her around. Why a jonin? She had an idea, but she didn’t truly care. The jonin was a woman named Anko, and Emi hated her. She was far too loud, and her clothes were revealing.

The woman seemed to have an obsession with dango. Emi had no clue what those were, and once the woman found that out, they raided a store. Emi was tired from that day, once she got to her new apartment near a forest, she practically threw her groceries into her fridge and ran to her room, throwing her bag of clothes into the floor before flopping onto her bed. Falling asleep instantly. 

Emi could hear gentle knocking on her front door and she begrudgingly got up. She put her hair into a quick bun and walked to the door, tilting her eyelids down so her eye color wasn’t visible. The girl took a breath and her calm demeanor took over as she opened the door, “Hello?” she said. 

Outside was a man reading an orange book. The man was familiar, with his silver hair. It was Kakashi Hatake, one of the two ninja that originally met her in the forest. She tilted her head and she smiled under his mask, “Hello, Emi. I’m going to be your new sensei, the hokage said you fit in well with my students. It’s nice to meet you, again.” She nodded and stepped back.

“I see. I have yet to get ready, you can come in and wait if you want,” she replied, walking back to her room. The adult walked inside, closing the door behind him. The apartment was small, and looked newly furnished. The wall to the right of the door had a bookshelf stretching from one end to the other.

In the middle of the room, two couches faced each other, with a glass coffee table between them. Farther right, there was a refrigerator in the corner, a stove top oven was beside it, and next to that was a small counter before a metal sink and microwave. Behind the counter, there was a window, and above that, cabinets. He heard a door open and saw Emi walk out from a room near the bookshelf. 

Emi looked at him and smiled, “Let us go, then. I am excited to meet my new teammates,” she said. Emi wore a short, light blue, spaghetti strap dress that reached about an inch above her knee.

She had light blue sleeves that went up to her shoulders, forming a bell that almost completely covered her hands. A darker, but not navy, blue fabric was wrapped around her waist, tied into a neat bow at the left side of her. She had white stockings that reached her knees, and her right leg had a weapons pouch attached. She had on traditional wooden sandals, but instead of two wooden pieces, there was one in the middle, causing her to balance much more than usual.

 Kakashi nodded and they left. As they walked, he spoke first before they reached the training ground. “They are an interesting bunch, so don’t be too surprised if they start fighting each other,” he awkwardly laughed and Emi laughed as well. They walked into the clearing, and two of the three shouted at them.

“You're late!” they yelled in unison. Emi flenched, and suppressed the urge to glare at them. Kakashi rubbed the back of his neck and apologized. As the two were yelling at him, the third spoke up, and Emi’s eyes instantly went to him.

He wore a navy blue shirt and off-white shorts. His weapon pouch was on his right leg, and he wore basic ninja sandals. His face looked like it had a permanent scowl on it, but Emi had to admit that it didn’t really take away from his attractive features. He was pale, and his onyx eyes stood out against it. His hair was dark, and shaped like a duck, and it made her want to laugh. 

“Who is she?” The other two looked at her, asking the same question. The blond blushed when he looked at her. Emi took in his appearance, bright yellow hair and an orange jumpsuit. He was tan, with black lines that resembled whiskers on his cheeks, and looked very childish and immature in her eyes.