Woodpaw: 3 berries, 2 demigods, 1 mortal

Now, you wouldn't know what a holly bush is, would you? Well, it's a shrub that is known for holding bright red berries, and one certain bush blessed by Geb is known for granting those who find it a special wish...

***

"Heret-Kau! Apophis! Heret-Kau! Apophis!"

All of the tribe's cats cheered the names of the two young demigods. They had both fully ranked up to be a saguaro and paladin respectively, and it was an occasion worth celebrating.

Woodpaw made sure to cheer their names extra loud. She was one of the lucky few cats around their age to befriend them, and she wanted them to know how proud she was of them in particular.

She saw Apophis glance her way, and smile gratefully. His multicoloured eyes looking into her own amber ones made Woodpaw's heart flutter. I wonder if he like me, she thought dreamily.

Smiling, she padded up to the newly-ranked up cats. Violetsnow, Jaguarsand and Slatecry were already there, eagerly speaking to the demigods.

"Congratulations!" She burst out, grinning at Heret-Kau and Apophis.

The other cats glanced at each other. Slatecry spoke up, nudging his old friend playfully. "You sure you're still going to have time for a lotus?" He joked.

Jaguarsand flicked his tail over his brother's ear. "Hush! He can do as he pleases, now that he's one of us,"

Heret-Kau moved closer to Woodpaw, purring. "Toms," she shook her head, as if amused. "I don't mind them, but when they're like this..." she trailed off, shaking her head good heartedly.

Apophis swatted his two paladin friends away with his tail, and looked back at Woodpaw. "Of course I have time for her," he reassured them. "She's still my friend, no matter what happens,"

As the demigod gazed down at Woodpaw again, that same warm feeling filled her. What could this be?

Before she could speak her thoughts, Violetsnow gazed at the setting sun. "You two are lucky; from what Snowmouse has told me, not many cats are as lucky as you to rank up on The Night of the Great Star," she looked back at her kits. "Perhaps the Great Star will shine upon you,"

Jaguarsand looked thoughtful. "Or maybe they'll come across the Sacred Holly," he wondered out loud.

Woodpaw perked up. The Sacred Holly? This was a part of the holiday she hadn't ever heard about. "What's that?" She asked, curious.

Jaguarsand looked down at the young lotus, pleasantly surprised. "The Sacred Holly is said to be a Holly bush that has the ability to grant whoever finds it a wish. But it only can be found on The Night of the Great Star. Houndhowl told me that no cat has been able to find the shrub in many generations,"

Woodpaw felt excited. "Maybe since Heret-Kau and Apophis are demigods, they'll have a better chance at finding the bush!" She exclaimed, her eyes big.

Both demigods exchanged a glance, and Woodpaw thought that Apophis looked visibly uncomfortable. "Well, er-," he avoided the lotus's gaze. "Maybe. But we're still cats born of mortals, despite our demigod abilities. Who knows how easy it would be for us to find the Sacred Holly?"

Heret-Kau lightly nudged her brother. "Don't be so down, Apophis! I bet we could find it! Especially if we worked together," she gazed down at Woodpaw. "Would you like to help us? We could sure use an extra paw if we're going to look!"