Draco's Birthday

Harry was nervous. He had never had a significant other during any major holiday or birthday before. He was okay at buying gifts for his friends and pseudo family, but Draco was something else altogether.

What did one buy for their rich boyfriend? They'd known each other for seven year, but most of that time was spent spewing vitriol and hate. Harry had never even considered Draco's birthday before now. He hadn't even known it until Narcissa mentioned it two weeks ago.

After a few conversations with Hermione, Harry finally decided on what to get Draco. It was simple, but Harry was sure he would like it.

Since Lucius and Narcissa were still on house arrest, Draco was doing a small lunch at the Manor with his parents, Harry and Severus. Harry was grateful that his relationship with his old potions professor had thawed in the last month.

At precisely noon on June fifth, Harry Floo'd to Malfoy Manor. His cloak was taken by one of the house elves and Harry muttered a quiet 'thanks' to the creature.

Draco was in the room, pacing, and hadn't noticed Harry's arrival yet. Harry took a moment to admire the young man. He was dressed casually, yet still elegantly, in black trousers and a silver button-down shirt. His dark blue robe was open over it and accentuated his lean frame.

Harry walked up behind Draco on his next turn and wrapped his arms across his torso. He squeezed slightly and laid a gentle kiss to Draco's neck, causing a slight shiver from Draco.

"Happy birthday, love," Harry whispered in Draco's ear.

Draco relaxed into Harry's hold and Harry could feel the muscles in Draco's cheek move in a smile when he placed his chin on Draco's shoulder.

"Thank you. And thank you for coming. I know my father is still being annoying," Draco said and released a sigh.

"Annoying" was one way to describe the elder Malfoy. The man made at least one attempt on Harry's life every time Harry saw him. Not being able to die had its benefits, but it was still irritating having his boyfriends' father trying to kill him all the time. Harry opted to ignore the mention of Lucius.

"Is Sev here yet," Harry asked.

The Floo sounded at that moment and the man in question stepped from the fireplace with his back straight and head held high. He vanished the soot from his robes and the floor without a word before looking up at the two men in the room.

"Why must you insist on using that insipid nickname, Potter?" Severus asked, a slight sneer on his face.

"Because it annoys you," Harry deadpanned. That should have been obvious.

Severus sighed and rolled his eyes. Harry was shocked at how fond the gesture seemed. He must be imagining things.

"Happy birthday, Draco," Severus said.

Harry was happy to see the genuine smile on the mans face. He seemed much less severe than Harry had ever known him to be whenever Harry saw him lately. It was obvious to anyone who took the time to see that Severus had been acting during the last eighteen years. With the Dark Lord gone, Severus was free to be himself. And Harry had found he rather liked Severus' authentic self.

Draco stepped away from Harry to shake Severus' hand. He reached for Harry's hand and led them to the dining room where Narcissa and Lucius were already waiting.

"Cissa," Harry greeted with a warm smile.

Narcissa stood and hugged Harry close to her. Harry placed a kiss to both of her cheeks and moved on to greet Lucius. Harry knew better than to touch the older man.