Chapter Two

"Jaspa, I said don't! Headmaster Solomon told us not to."

"But she's slept in until 11 o'clock! We need to show her around, and we need to find out where she will sleep, and where she will eat, and what classes she's in..." A voice dragged on.

Aelia groggily opened her eyes. The objects around her were a blur. She blinked a few times to clear her vision, so the people around her would come into focus. Sitting on her bed in casual clothing were Leilani and Jaspa. Seeing that she had people to support her, Aelia smiled in relief and gave Leilani a playful punch in the shoulder.

"I had a feeling you'd want to see a me again," Aelia joked from her laid-back position, giving a playful wink to Jaspa at the same time.

"Well, we actually have a few things to get sorted out, that revolve around you," Jaspa responded in an eagerly way. "Don't worry, I'm sacrificing my day for the greater good and all that."

Aelia felt a twinge of guilt at the fact that Jaspa and Leilani really had given up their Sunday to show her around. She could tell that they were trying to be friendly and joke around with her to make her seem more comfortable, but there was still a slightly forced effect in it. Nevertheless, they were doing their best to boost Aelia's mood, and she appreciated it, even if she wasn't sure how to show them. The pair barely knew her, in fact the only thing they knew about her was her name for all Aelia knew.

Caught up in her own thoughts, Aelia didn't notice Finian enter the room with another vial in his hands, similar to the one from last night. However, the liquid in this one wasn't as bright a purple. Instead, it was a pastel version.

"Look who's awake! I thought I'd have to peel open your eyelids and wake you up to get you to drink this." He said, wiggling the Regeneration Energizer between his thumb and index finger.

"Finian, how come the medicine last night was a darker shade compared to this one?" Aelia wondered curiously.

"Last night's was more concentrated. Because you had been in so much pain with your concussion and fall, you needed more relief than you will today. Your rest along with the Regeneration Energizer will have sped along your recovery very much. But today, just in case, I'm giving you this. It's a much lighter dose, so there will be no side-effects."

Aelia gladly took the vial and swallowed it in one gulp. Once again the grape flavour danced along her tastebuds, the medicine somehow delicious compared to the ones she was used to. Feeling the pressure in her skull clear, she cautiously sat up, checking that all pain had subsided. Once Aelia was satisfied that she was able to stand, she gave a small nod and smile to Finian.

"If that's all, then I guess it's time for you to leave, Aelia. I daresay I'll be seeing you again in the near future." Finian smiled and ushered the three out the door.

Aelia gratefully exited, pointedly taking care not to bump into any of the tables filled with mysterious concoctions. With a quick, 'Stay safe!' from Finian, the white door was shut, and they headed off to see the headmaster.

Outside, the environment was like a cool Spring's day. There was a slight breeze, making the tall trees around the grounds rustle, and a heavenly scent of flowers wafted through the air. People of different ages were out. The youngest person Aelia saw was someone who seemed to be 13, and the oldest person she saw looked to be in their early 20's. Other than that, there were 10 other people who were at least 5 years older, leading Aelia to believe that they were teachers.

"That was the Clinic. If you ever have any medical issues or need someone to talk to, Finian is our main medical staff." Leilani told Aelia, bringing her out of her thoughts and wrapping an arm around her shoulder to guide her to the left. "This is our school. Er, Headmaster Solomon will be able to explain a bit more about it," With a quick, questioning glance at Jaspa she continued, "The buildings are very ancient. The school has been around for a millennia – this year, in fact – so don't worry about the unusual architecture."