Chapter one: Thomas

I looked down into the box and my eyes widened.

Every memory I've had of him swept through my brain.
It was Thomas. My brother. The only family i can remember. He's here....

I knew Newt knew i recognized him. He could tell in on my face.

"Are you alright, Em?" Newt asked.

I simply nodded, too surprised to speak.
Did he remember me as well? Does he know he's my brother?

They lowered a rope down to him and they helped him up. When he got up, he looked terrified and confused. I understand that.
He had dark hair and brown eyes, just like me.

Alby walked over and put his hand on his shoulder. "Nice to meet ya, shank. Welcome to the glade."
I watched as Thomas looked around the Glade, stretching his neck to try to get a look at everything.

"Look at the greenbean," Gally said "gonna break his shuck neck ceckin' out the new digs"

I rolled my eyes at gally. "Shut your hole, Gally." I said.
That made Thomas look at me. I sent him a small smile from where i stood beside newt.
He smiled back but I could tell it was fake, he's to scared to give a genuine smile.

"Where am i?" Thomas asked.

"Nowhere good" Alby said "just slim yourself nice and calm"

"Which keeper he gonna get?" One of the boys shouted from the back.

"I told ya, shuckface," said another boy "He's a klunk, he'll be a slopper— no doubt about it"

Newt leaned in to me and whispered in my ear "you know him, dont you?" He asked

I nodded.

"Is he Thomas?" Newt whispered.

"Yes." I whispered back.

Newt nodded and had a look on his face that was either fear or confusion, i couldn't tell.

"—Even do that much, bet my liver on it." Gally was saying when me and newt finished whispering.

"I said shut your holes!" Alby yelled "keep yapping and next break'll be cut in half!"

Everyone quieted down.
I took the time to study my brother. He looked the same as in the memory's; Dark brown hair, caramel eyes. He was taller than me too, about Five foot Nine. He was still studying the Glade. It reminded me of myself.

I remember my first day;

-flashback-

I woke up in a bed. The room i was in didnt look familiar at all! Suddenly two boys came in the room.

"Oh hey Greenie. Looks like your awake now. Hey Clint go get Alby." One said to the other. The one who im guessing is named Clint left the room to get someone named Alby i think.

"Where am i?" I asked "who are you? Let me go please!"

"Hey calm down greenie. Im Jeff." He said as the boy named clint and another boy with dark skin came in. The dark skinned boy walked towards me.

"Get away!" I yelled.

"Whoa Greenie. Calm down, im Alby. Your gonna be ok." He said.

I jumped off of the bed. "Where am i?!" I asked frantically. "Who am i?!?"

"Your in the glade." Alby said. "Your name will come eventually."

I didn't like this. I was trapped in a room full of random boys in a place ive never even been in and I didn't even know my name, so i ran. I ran out of the room. I heard the boys yelling for me to come back. As i ran i saw there was big walls surrounding where i was. I saw an opening so i made for it. I was almost there when someone grabbed me.

"LET ME GO!" I yelled as i kicked and squirmed.

"I cant let you go in there." The boy that had a hold of me said. He looked familiar. "You'll get bloody killed"

"Please!" I pleaded.

"I c—" he started to say when the opening in the big wall started to close. I just watched as the big opening closed itself. As soon as it closed i felt the boys grip loosen.
"You see. If i let you go in there you would've been trapped and then you would've died" the boy said. He had a accent unlike the other boys and he had sandy blond hair and brown eyes.

The boy named Alby walked over and patted the boy who still had a hold of my wrist, on the shoulder. "Nice save newt." He said. 'So the boy who basically tackled me, names newt.' I thought.

"What do we do with her?" Newt asked Alby.

"Bring her to the homestead. We can explain everything there." Alby said.

-end of flashback-

I snapped out of my thoughts as Alby approached Thomas.

"Its a long story shank," Alby said "piece by piece, you'll learn— ill be taking you on the tour tomorrow. Till then . . . Just don't break anything." Alby stuck his hand out "name's Alby"

Thomas refused to shake his hand. Instead he turned away from him and walked to a nearby tree and sat down. "Tell me then." Thomas called out "Tell me the long story."

Alby glanced at me and newt and rolled his eyes. It kinda made me mad, i know Alby doesn't know he's my brother but still, he can at least be a little bit nicer. He wasn't as mean to me when i came....probably because i was a girl.

"Seriously," Thomas said "where an I?"

Alby walked over and sat down crisscross-applesauce in front of Thomas. Everyone one, including me and newt, followed and kinda made a crowd behind alby. Everyone was eager to listen to what they had to say.

"If you ain't scared," alby said "you ain't human. Act any different and I'd throw you off the cliff because it means your a psycho."

"The Cliff?" Thomas asked, the worry clear in his voice. I personally have never been to the cliff, well especially not now with my injury to my leg. That made a twinge of hurt swell up in me. Ill never run the maze again.

"Shuck it," alby said, rubbing his eyes "Ain't no way to start these conversations, you get me? We don't kill shanks like you here, I promise. Just try and avoid being killed, survive, whatever."
Alby paused. Thomas had another look of sheer terror on his face.
"Man" alby said , then ran his hand through his hair and sighed " I ain't good at this— you're the 3rd greenbean since nick was killed and well, things since then have been kinda jacked with a girl and all."

I let out a long sigh at the last comment. Thomas's eyes went wide and they flickered to me for a moment before resting back on alby.

Newt stepped away from his spot beside me and walked up and smacked Alby on the head. "Wait for the bloody tour, alby." Newt said. "Kid's gonna have a buggin' heart attack, nothin' even been heard yet." Newt bent down and extended his hand. "Names Newt, Greenie, and we'd all be right cheery if ya'd forgive our klunk-for-brains leader here"
𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎𒊹︎
A/N: 𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚘𝚗𝚎! 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚘𝚘𝚔 𝚒𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝙼𝚊𝚣𝚎 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚎𝚛 𝙵𝙵.𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚘𝚗𝚎, 𝚐𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍 𝚒𝚝. 𝙸𝚝𝚜 𝚌𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 '𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚒𝚛𝚕' 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚑𝚘𝚞𝚕𝚍 𝚏𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚝 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚢 𝚙𝚊𝚐𝚎. 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚒𝚝 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎.
I changes some stuff around to fit the plot, like nick dying before Emerson arrived and stuff..
~K̆̈