Piggles

It all started with the animal shelter.

The moment Dottie and Anya saw it they took off, Denna right behind them but with an appropriate pace. Dahlia was confused as to where they were going, but the moment she saw the shelter she started running too.

Cara and Denna just walked like normal people, because they knew the animals would still be there in five minutes.

Anya and Dahlia were playing with a puppy, while Denna and Triana looked at turtles. Cara watched fondly as Dottie played with a kitten. When she tried to stand up, the cat lunged forward and perched itself on her head. Cara started giggling uncontrollably at Dottie's surprised face, causing Anya to look over. The moment she saw Dottie's predicament she started laughing as well, drawing everyone else's attention.

"Oh dear."

"Sucks to be you."

"Where's my phone, I need this to be my wallpaper."

"Someone help her please."

"Here, I'll get him." Cara stepped forward and plucked the kitten off her head, and Dottie breathed a sigh of relief. She then turned to Cara.

"No."

"Please?"

"I- no!"

Dottie turned to Denna. "Can we please adopt this kitten?" She pouted, and Cara watched as Denna floundered for a reason to say no.

But Dottie's pouting was just too strong.

"Fine."

"Denna!" Cara said, betrayal lacing her voice.

"I'm sorry, you should know better than anyone how good she is at getting people to do things." Denna replied apologetically.

~~~~~

Cara hated that fucking kitten.

Who Dottie decided to name, Piggles.

Thank you, Denna.

Dottie was completely taken with Piggles unfortunately.

It was starting to get annoying, because Dottie paid way too much attention to the damned thing. Piggles, at the moment, was meowing at Cara. His eyes pleading.

"Go away."

Piggles meowed again, asking Cara to give him some of her food.

"I said, go away."

Piggles jumped on Cara's lap, and rubbed his head against her arms. Cara sighed in annoyance and picked him up. She opened the back door and set him outside.

An hour later, Dottie came up to her holding Piggles. "Did you lock Piggles outside?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"He was being annoying."

"How? Piggles is not annoying, say you're sorry."

"I am not apologizing to a cat."

"Cara, apologize to him."

Cara stared defiantly at Dottie for a moment, before sighing in defeat and looking at Piggles. "I'm sorry for locking you out."

Piggles meowed, because he's a cat and doesn't need to be apologized to.

~~~~~

Piggles perched himself on Cara's shoulder, a rather dangerous position.

Cara reached a hand up and pet him, and in response he purred loudly. Unbeknownst to Cara, Dottie was peeking around the corner with her phone recording. She smiled to herself in victory, knowing that Cara liked Piggles and wouldn't try to lock him out again.

~~~~~

"Hey, wanna go for a walk?" Dottie asked Cara.

"Sorry, Piggles wants to play, and normally he just hisses at people when they try to play with him so...."

"That's alright, we can go later."

~~~~~

"Is Piggles on our bed?" Dottie asked, walking up to Cara.

"Yeah, he really likes your spot, don't know what's up with that."

"Alright...."

~~~~~

"Are you giving him your leftovers?!" Dottie gasped.

"Yeah, why?"

"You normally give me your leftovers."

"Oh, sorry."

"Hmm."

Cara gave Piggles the remainder of her food, including the pickles, and left for the bathroom.

When she was out of range, Dottie leaned down to eye level with Piggles.

She stared at him for a few moments, wondering why he seemed to be taking all of Cara's attention.

"Alright." Dottie started, taking one of his pickles, making sure that Piggles was paying attention to her, "Listen here you little shit...."