-I-

Cherry blossom petals painted the roads while the bright blue sky made it look like cotton candy,, the first day of the last year high school could not have been on a more perfect day. Chaos and students introducing themselves to new transfers and teachers groaning at the fact they have to take classes.

Fixing her eyeliner while she looked at the mirror to face herself,, gloss fit her lips like silky curtains. Being satisficed with the way she looked; she finally went out of the girl's washroom to enter her classroom.

Everything seemed so out of place. What  was this feeling? Certainly not what one desired but what would want.

"Hey y/n!  I haven't seen you since you left for training week. Didn't even visit me but okay." left Oikawa's mouth as soon as he saw his best friend sitting in her usual spot even though something felt off.

"Oh,, It's just you huh?  Anyways, where is Iwaizumi? I missed him so much." She said looking up at the setter's annoyed face. Clearly, she was supposed to be in love with him,, not his best friend. His two best friends were not supposed to be together. Even though he knew they were just close,, he still was bitter.

"So I hear you missed me? How has my baby been?" Iwaizumi joined in before the brunette could counter y/n. Having a disgusted look the oblivious girl got up to hug the well-built best friend.

"Oh shut up. You know how much I hate being called baby. I am a strong grown woman after all." She pouted to them while Iwaizumi held a soft smile and Oikawa was just looking away not to laugh at them.

"y/n you do know that strong grown women don't cry  over a puppy getting lost from it's owner in a fictional movie right?" After saying that,, he did punched on the side by y/n.

"Hey! that's different. Bolt should've never gone away. He was cute too." While they continued bickering over it. It was time to get back to classroom.

After Finishing up with school,, they had to attend their volleyball practice. Well,, that was until Oikawa was surrounded by his fangirls again. It was such a normal occurance that the volleyball coach couldn't care less. But it really interrupted practice a lot.

'Ah,, so troublesome.' He thought. Having attention by people he didn't want was tiring and of course,, he didn't want it at all.
As much as he loved people watching volleyball and loving it as a sport. He hated when people watched it for the flow or popularity.

"I'm getting nauseous,, Iwa." y/n mentioned as she held on to his arm for support.
"What? You serious? Want me to carry you home again?" After receiving a hit on the chest,, he continued with the act she was putting up.

"Ah! I'm too close to attention seekers Iwa!" Dramatically falling down and Iwaizumi chuckling and catching her. The volleyball club had seen enough of this to not laugh at their act.

"Wow you guys,, you didn't have to call them out." Oikawa said even though he was glad that they did it.

"Well; I have to leave you guys. Don't miss Ken!" With that y/n left for her band practice.

"Won't." Kiyotani muttered. Having his cousin in the same school was just draining. She was like a goddamn golden retriever to his bulldog.

"Kiyotani, you know you should set me up with your sister. You'd be glad I'm your brother in law." Yahaba tried to shoot his shot but it never worked.

"Never. You guys aren't good enough for her." He said with an annoyed expression.

"Even me?" Iwaizumi pined in, to tease him. Well,, they did have matches where he did prove he was good enough for any girl.

"I have to think about that." Kiyotani averted his glare to someone else. That was good enough of an answer to finally boost Iwaizumi's confidence a bit.

Hearing all of this,, Of coure Oikawa wasn't happy with it. He didn't make friends with y/n for everyone to act like they know her or can have her.
He was her best friend after all,, he wanted what was best for her too.

As much as he tried to keep boys away from y/n,, he couldn't help the fact that she did shows and was in a band. She would definitely get everyone's attention if she was in the mainstream.

"Tch. Get back to practice." With that everyone finished playing for the day after an hour.

"So Oikawa what are you doing tonight? Wanna join me to y/n's home?" Iwaizumi asked the setter next to him.

"No. You guys have fun." He smiled. He didn't mean it at all. A dead expression at heart but sweet on his face.

Oikawa definitely knew how he was gonna spend his night.

_______________________________________

/3:33 am/

hey
you haven't been paying me any attention lately
do you hate me?

_______________________________________

He left it at that and waited.

ping.

A smiled curved his lips.
Another day of getting what he wanted.

_______________________________________

to be continued.