All That Remains

Gasping, Adam jumped awake, swinging his arms around him wildly as he acted out based on what he last recalled, which was being strangled by one of those aliens. It took him a moment to orient himself, breathing heavy and allowing his eyes to adjust. In his ears his heartbeat drummed, which deafened him to anything else.

"-easy." A voice came from his side.

Recoiling, Adam faced the source of the voice and stared. It was once again dim wherever he was. Everywhere was like that here on this station, apparently. Blinking, he eventually was able to make out the shape of the room, and shape of the person who stood in front of him. Although, it was all still quite blurry.

"Who?" Was all he could manage to say in a horse voice. It became apparent how thirsty he was in that moment. How long had he been out?

"Take it easy, man. You've been out awhile, but you're okay, besides for a few bruises." The voice explained as they came closer towards him with their hands faced towards him, palm out.

Listening to the voice, they sounded sincere, and the aliens couldn't talk. There was a bond amongst whoever remained based purely on the fact that they were human, so there was an immediate sense of trust that he grew for whoever this person was. Regardless of their intentions.

Adam's head sunk low, and a wheezing cough escaped him. He swore he could still feel that one's hands around his neck...

"Water." He coughed.

"Here, let me help you up. There's a sink over here in the corner." A helping hand grasped underneath the pit of his arm, hoisting him up and guiding him by the arm as he walked shakily wherever they where going.

The person put his hand against the basin of a sink. Reaching forward, Adam turned on the water and lowered his head towards it. Drinking from the stream as it came, taking in several mouthfuls of water. Afterwards he stuck his head under it and wet all of his hair and face. The cold water sobered him up from whatever haze remained. Shutting off the faucet, he stood there for a moment, recounting the events he could recall.

All of which played in his head like a vivid nightmare. Where was he now though?

Turning back to face the room, he saw that he was in some kind of utility room, with tools strewn across the floor, shelves all around stacked with boxes of junk. In one corner were two cots. Someone had been squatting here at some point, possibly before all this insanity began. It wasn't unheard of for bums to set up home in the less frequented sectors on the station.

On the far side of the room was a door. It was unremarkable, but what grew around it was disconcerting. Tendrils were growing out from the door, crawling along the walls, floor, and ceiling, taking up a third of the room. It looked like some sort of carapace-like material, without a doubt the alien's doing. They must grow whatever this was. Hopefully it wasn't poisonous to be near.

"What's your name?" Asked the only other person inside this place with him.

It startled him to hear another voice after so long. Part of him had assumed that maybe that voice was all an imagination based on lack of oxygen and water. Facing them, he saw who he was left alone with.

Before him stood a woman. She was tall, more so than him by a few inches- not that it was hard to outmatch him in height- and had a gentle looking face with freckles all over her cheeks and down her neck as well, her green eyes seemed rebellious at first glance. Or at least that was the first word that came to mind upon seeing her gazing at him. Her hair was red, short, and messy, and had a slight curl in it. The way she dressed was practical, and fit the times. A muscle top that showed off her dirtied, toned arms, with a few scratches on one of them that had since healed. Along with some militaristic looking, blueish cargo pants that had been tucked into equally militaristic, long necked boots.