02

I SIGHED AS I TOOK my shoes off after checking out my last table, deciding to wait on King at a bench outside

I SIGHED AS I TOOK my shoes off after checking out my last table, deciding to wait on King at a bench outside. I had three part-time jobs and tonight, I was at Hooter's.

I wanted so badly to save up for a car, but I knew I'd be paying for my tuition and dorm room shit out of pocket, even though I was staying in state against my own wishes. I purposely did well in school to make college easier for me, only for me to not afford attending my top school. I felt like I did all that hard work for nothing.

Sometimes I wish I had the traditional two-parent household and the family that supported me, but all I had was myself and my brothers. My daddy got locked up when I was younger and I missed him so much. My mom had already cheated on him before he went to jail, so him getting locked up was all the more reason for her to leave with this new nigga and never talk to him again.

I felt his pain every time I visited him and she wasn't there with me, no matter how much he tried to hide it. I hated how much my mom tried to brainwash me into thinking he was a bad person, as if that new nigga was our savior or something. I was happy I was older when he got locked up because I know if I was a baby, I probably would've ended up believing her.

I hated that nigga Don with all my heart. The nigga was a certified weirdo and acted like I owed him something. Another reason I didn't like my mom was because she let my father believe he was the father of my baby sister when Don was actually her daddy, making him believe he had the ups on my daddy for whatever reason.

I was cut from my thoughts seeing King's Charger pull up, and I quickly made my way into the passenger seat, seeing him stare at me with a scowl on his face. "Fuck you was waiting outside for, Nai? That shit ain't safe. I told you about that shit,"

"Ugh, here you go. It was stuffy in there," I huffed, pulling my seatbelt on.

"I don't care what it was. You already know I don't like you workin' there and them niggas be weird. Just wait inside, bruh,"

"Whatever, Christian. Can we go?" I rolled my eyes. Most people already knew this, but my brother was extremely overprotective of me. I loved him to death but sometimes it got overbearing.

"I just want you safe, Nai. No simp shit tho,"
I chuckled, forcing a hug as he pulled up to a red light, "I love you, too. What's up with you?"

"Not shit. Just bein' paranoid,"
". . . Daddy told me you haven't seen him in awhile. You know he tries to act all tough 'round me but I know y'all like the back of my hand,"

"I miss that old nigga. Just can't stand seein' him like that. I know he still knows I'm into this street shit and I don't wanna see that look on his face,"

"Who cares? He misses you. And I feel the same way. Christian you have the talent to be in your own tattoo shop. You don't need that shit," I huffed.

"It's hard gettin' out. I like fast money," he shrugged. I sighed, knowing there was no talking sense into his thick ass skull, "Yeah," I simply agreed.