Chapter 3-Running High

[HEYYYY I'm back after over a year ahahaha sorry for the delay... Was just going with the flow so don't be mad xoxo]

     Those moments spent mindlessly leaning on and occasionally talking to Suna were utterly blissful and... were cut short.

     I suddenly realized the music had stopped playing and looked up to see people chaotically running out of the house, grabbing their friends, hiding in closets and anywhere they possibly could. It took a moment to shake off the haze and realize what I was seeing. Blue and red lights. Sirens. SIRENS???

     My head snapped to Suna who was still dazed, my hand shooting to his shirt, grabbing and shaking him as I tried to stay on my own two feet. Someone must have narked... a neighbor? In any case, it doesn't matter now.

    "Suna!" I whisper-yelled and he blinked, finally choosing to notice the scene that was playing out before us. Without a second thought, he reached across my body, close enough for me to feel the heat coming off of him, and pushed the window we sat in front of wider.

     I looked away from him, at the open, one story window, quickly catching on to his idea and I swung my legs outside, looking back at him as they dangled.

"Watch this," I smirked, trying not to look like a newb as I scooted to the edge then out the window. Of course, the Universe awarded my hope by letting me fall on my ass. Wincing, I turned my attention back to the open window.

     Suna skillfully slipped out the window and landed on his feet. "A very graceful dismount," he commented, even though my 'dismount' was less than elegant. The corner of his mouth quirked up as he looked down at me and offered me a hand; which I took without a second thought. I mean who wouldn't LOL.

     The sound of the front door to the house being forcefully opened prompted both of us to turn and peak into the window, watching silently as officers rounded up a couple of too-drunk straglers who probably didn't know what was happening by the looks on their faces. I started to twist to look at Suna beside me, only to find his red-rimmed eyes already staring at me.

     I froze. What do I do?? His eyes are so pretty... A-are we about to kiss right now? I really feel like I can't look away-

     "Hey! There's two more outside that window!" Our heads snapped toward the authorative voice coming from inside, and instinctively I began sprinting to the fence... Every man for himself I guess; who cares about a fling when you're about to get arrested, right??

     I ended up throwing myself at the chain-link fence, groaning and struggling to get to the top when I suddenly felt hands grab my waist firmly and hoist me the rest of the way. My blush crept over my cheeks after I landed on the other side of the fence I realized; I felt as sober as I needed to be now, watching Suna climb over the fence with ease.

    The next thing I knew, we were running through a strip of woods, Suna pulling me behind him by my hand. I didn't really care where he was taking me at this point, I thought as I gazed at the back of his head, his hair flowing majestically in the wind like a knight's who's sworn duty was to protect me... Like a normal person's hair- haha that's what I meant...

    Before Suna could see hearts bulging out of my eye sockets, I shook my head and just as I did I ran myself square into his back. He didn't budge an inch from the impact, but he did put a hand on one of my shoulders, trying to steady me, chuckling. "You good?"

    I glanced at his hand on my shoulder briefly, then shifted my attention up to his waiting gaze, both of us holding eye-contact. Momentarily, I peered into his eyes. 

    For the past few weeks I'd been working on being less socially awkward; when I say that I mean actually talking to people, and unfortunately, that would mean keeping eye-contact. Yeah. Talking. I'm supposed to be talking. Shit. What'd he say-

    "Yeaaahh..." I responded unintelligently, which caused Suna raise a brow in amusement and smile faintly. Eventually, I tore my gaze away from his and coughed and laughed a little to clear the air of any tension. Sure-fire method by the way, works 9/10 times.

    Suna broke the silence. "You got plans for now?" He sat down on the edge of the dry, grassy hill we were on and I followed suit. "Night is still young, but if you wanna go home I'll get you there." As he talked he pulled a pipe out of his pocket and packed it, using his APPARENTLY endless supply.

    I leaned back on my hands and tilting my head up to study the sky: the waxing moon on full display, the stars surrounding it and a few meager clouds floating nearby. I frowned at the idea of ending the night here, still observing the twinkling stars above.

    I hummed quietly and replied with, "No plans for me- I'm all yours."

    YES I FINALLY SAID SOMETHING COOL but I wont look at him or I'll mess it up... he's so nice to look at though-

    I could feel Suna scanning my side-profile and he grinned, letting a puff of smoke out before handing me his pipe. 

    "You can take a few hits while its still burning," he offered, fishing his phone from his pocket. 

    I looked at the pipe in my hands, trying to look inconspicuous about the fact I didn't know how to use it, but hesitating. There was suddenly warmth against the side of my bare thigh, and I looked to find Suna's leg pressed against mine. 

    Before I could react in any way(embarrassing or other), his arm was around me and his hands guided mine into, what I assumed was the correct way to hold the pipe, putting my thumb over the hole on the side of it. 

    "Ah- I--" In the midst of struggling to say something to justify myself, Suna shocked me again when he brought his own lips down to it and quickly breathed in deep.

    I didn't realize my mouth was slightly ajar as I watched him blow the smoke back out of his lungs into the drafty night air and he smiled, feigning innocence. 

    "We can't waste it now, can we?" He smirked a little and looked down at his phone screen, presumably calling a friend.