Home Doesn't Really Seem Like Home Anymore.

XII∙XV∙XX

December 21, 2020

I took care of you since I was in the 4th-5th grade, along with Prince. And then two months into taking care of the both of ya'll, on July 10th, 2014, Prince died. From unknown reasons.

Which made me determine to take better care of you, to have you live the longest that you possibly could without up and leaving on me too. I tried to be the best owner/rabbit mom I could possible be for you. I know I wasn't always there, especially in 7th grade and throughout high school since I had gotten a job in high school, and didn't come home till 4-5pm because I didn't come straight home from school.

I've been trying the best I could do for you, and hurt to see you leave. I had a life planned out for the both of us, despite knowing you were going to pass one day.

I didn't think it would be this soon that you'll pass.

I'm sorry I couldn't take you to the vet sooner.

I'm sorry that I couldn't take better care of you.

Knowing you aren't here anymore, and seeing the little corner that you and your cage would be in, is completely empty. Your cage is on the terrace, and it hurts to look over there knowing I can't see you anymore.

I came home from food shopping with my mother, and I looked over to your corner, almost forgetting that you've died. It hurts even more.

I can't stand the thought of you not being here anymore, and because of that, I don't wanna be home at all.

I've lost my appetite, and I don't really want to do anything anymore. I've only played games to help distract myself but it didn't really help.

​​​​​​​I miss hearing you trying to dig in your cage.

It destroyed me at the fact that your health deteriorate so fast. You were perfectly fine one day, only to see your health deteriorate so fast.

​​​​​​​That's not how I wanted you to go.
I didn't want you to die because of the abscess that was in your mouth, which caused you to starve. I wanted you to die from old age, and natural causes. Not something that could've been cured.

​​​I'm sorry, that I couldn't take better care of you.

But, I know you're not suffering anymore and that you're with Prince, and Molly now. In heaven, and that you and Prince will always be in my heart.

It doesn't matter if I've gotten another rabbit, or another pet. There's a place in my heart that will always be held for you and Prince, that no other can really fill.

Who knows, maybe I'll join you soon enough but I don't know. Maybe not.

I love you, and I miss you. And I always will. 

Bye.