Big boy [Revised]

Caregiver! Patton
Regressor! Roman

~~~

It all began when he and Virgil had gotten into an argument. It was a petty little spat, as usual, but it left a little imprint on Roman. Virgil isn't aware of his regression, he doesn't know of his secret stadh of pacifiers and sippy cups under his bed, or about the fact he rewatches my little pony far too many times to count. Roman didn't want him to know. He'd most likely make some kind of snarky remark over and over and call Roman a baby again. Like today, in their argument! Virgil called Roman a baby. Obviously, like most things, he took the comment to heart, and he decided to prove Virgil wrong. His solution was simple. Don't regress. It was a silent rebellion that Virgil had no knowledge of, but it was one none the less and that's all Romans' pettiness needed. Though, the lack of regression throughout the week was beginning to take a toll on his overall behavior.

Patton, his caregiver, quickly caught on that something wasn't quite right, and while not knowing of the argument between the sides, he was starting to miss his baby. Every time he suggested that they watch a Disney movie, play dress-up, or even get him a bottle of milk at bedtime, he refused. It was very unlike him, as he almost always desired to regress when he wasn't working. Patton figured that maybe he just wanted some adult time, so he let it go.
Well, until Roman mentioned being a big boy.

It was when they were sitting on the couch that Patton suggested they watch a Disney movie. He was surprised when Roman huffed and shook his head and sputtered out, "No! Imma big boy! Big boys don't watch kids' movies!"

Patton tried to explain to him that big boys could watch Disney shows, but he was having none of it and stormed off to his room. It was very odd for him, especially since it was over Disney of all things. Everyone knows of the Prince's obsession over it, whether big or small.

Obviously, something was bothering him, so Patton did a bit of investigating and asked their friends. He kept his question vague, asking if they had had any fights or arguments with Roman. Once he heard about the fight with Virgil and the insult that he called him, it clicked. Of course, he gave Virgil a light, gentle scolding. He finally understood why his baby was being so distant.

Now, to coax Roman.

Walking into the guest room, Roman had declared that his room was far too childish, Patton crossed his arms upon entering. Roman didn't glance at him. He just continued to scroll away at his phone.

With no warning, Patton stalked over to Roman and snatched the phone out of his hand, slipping it into his back pocket, much to Roman's dismay.

"Da- Patton! That's mine." Roman complained, a pout on his lips as he sat up. Hearing his slip up, Patton had a feeling this would be a piece of cake! Roman regressed so often, so going this long was probably torture on him. He'd crack in minutes!

"Nuh-uh, you're too little for that!"

"I'm a big boy!"

"I know, baby, but you are my baby. You can be my baby and my big boy." Patton assures him with a small smile, cupping his cheeks gently. Roman frowned, fiddling with his fingers as he pulled away and looked down. His shoulders slumped, and he didn't have to be as smart as Logan to know Roman's insecurities were shining through.

Patton sighed, plopping down next to his baby and leaning down, pecking at his cheek. Roman went pink but didn't push him away. "Baby, I know what Virgil called you the other day. He told me about it. He was just a bit irritated but didn't mean any harm by it. There is nothing wrong with being my little baby boy, okay?"

Roman nibbled at his lip, taking in his words, playing with the threads of his sleeves. "P-Pat?"

Patton frowned at the sound of his name and the small quiver in his voice but nodded anyway. "Yes, baby?"

"Don't wanna be a big boy anymore. I want Disney movies and babas and Dollies and ands...other stuff!" Roman rambled on, sniffling softly, tears beginning to well up in his eyes as his regression began to hit him hard, dropping so quickly that it was a bit overwhelming.

Patton knew what to do, of course, and cooed in response. He stood, ignoring Roman's curious glance, and carefully scooped him up. He held him in his arms and placed him on his hip. He began heading towards his bedroom, ready to get his baby changed into proper attire for a little one like himself.

"I've been waiting all week for you to say that, darling. You do know I'm going to baby you so much, right? No big boy words, no big boy potty, no big boy walking, and no big boy cups. All baby boy items." Patton explains, grinning from ear to ear, especially as he noticed Roman blushing a deep shade of red. It was the easiest way to make Roman feel babyish and little, and he would never take away all this control unless Roman wanted him to. They talked explicitly about boundaries and Roman found relief in it. Sometimes, he didn't want the control. Sometimes, he enjoyed being forced to regress a little younger because it eased his insecurities and he didn't have to think so much.

"Okay-"

"Nuh-uh Baby talk."

"Otay Dada." Roman squeaked, giggling as he felt his daddy's fingers poke at his sides.

"Good boy, now let's get a little diapee on you so you don't have any accidents! " Patton cooed, laying Roman on his changing table. He watched as Roman's face dropped a little, and he gave a little guilty whine.

"D-Daddy, I wet the bed last night..."

Patton gasped dramatically and shook his head. "Well, shame on me! I forgot that you need diapees before beddy-bye time! Daddy's sorry, baby. Did you have any more accidents?"

With a bright red face, Roman nods, burying his face into a stuffed bear that Patton passed over to him as he got him all changed. The stress from his confession died quickly, and he sunk into his daddy's chest with a content sigh.

"Well, then that settles it, my baby boy has to be diapered constantly, or else we'll have puddles everywhere!"

At that, Roman gave an embarrassed whine, only to be hushed by Patton, slipping an adult-sized pacifier in his mouth. Roman was quickly soothed, sucking gently on the nub.

"I love you with all my heart, you know that, right?"

"M'knows, dada. Wove you toos."

"I know my sweet prince."