Chapter 4

Chapter 4

As i get off the plane, hinanap ko kaagad ang lalaking kausap ko kanina. Not because i am interested on him or what, i just want to give back the favor. A meal won't be bad. I should've asked for his number though. ARGH. Why do i sound like i am interested in him? I am not, okay? Whatevs.

When i entered inside, a music of Rome played on a speaker out loud. It's quite entertaining, might as well listen to it before i head outside. I sat down on a waiting area with my luggage as i count the money i have left. I still have 1260 dollars. Kasya na kaya 'to? kailangan ko nang mahanap si Dad bago pa ako maubusan ng pera. But how?

" Excuse me. Do you know where Via del Corso is? " i asked the woman who looks like a citizen here. Via del Corso is the place where my father at, it was written behind the photo of us. But she just look at me, i guess she didn't understand the words i said. Time to apply what i learned.

" V-Via del Corso, dov'è ? " i asked again in Italian which means Via del Corso, where. But again, she just look at me. With frustration i sat on the bench and sighed. Should i just search where Via del Corso is and go by myself? And with that thought, a lady— she seems younger than me, approached while smiling.

" I heard you're going to Via del Corso, i am on my way there, wanna go together? " ngumiti akong abot tenga sa narinig ko at agad na tumayo at sumunod sakanya. We got in a black cab and he said something to the man in front, something like In Via Del Corso, per favore.

" SO, where are you from and why are you here?  " She asked me while what we're riding is moving. I cleared my throat and faced her.

" I'm from States. I'm here to search for my Father. I don't know where he is now but in the photo here says Via del Corso so i guess he's in this place. " I said. Then looked ahead. She just nodded.

" How about you? " I asked her. And while she's not looking at me, i looked at her whole, from bottom to up. She got a pale skin yet she's still a beauty. Her hair is short and has a hair lip on the right side. She looks like a citizen here but something's with her that's familiar.

" Oh, me? I'm from Philippines. I just got here too. I followed my Brother because i missed him already. " i nodded after she spoke. What a good sister she is. Kaya pala i feel familiar is because she's a Filipina too. Kababayan ika nga.