002

CHAPTER 2: AFFECTIONS1820 New Orleans, Louisiana

1820 New Orleans, Louisiana

CALLISTA EMRYS KNEW SHE WAS POWERFUL. When she first met the witches of New Orleans, they called her an abomination. Thus, Callista hasn't been back to Lafayette Cemetery since, but that didn't stop her from stealing some of their grimoires.

The girl had just found out the Mikaelson's were vampires, and the original vampires at that.

Now the girl sat in the Mikaleson's new home, a place they call the Abattoir in the French Quarter. Callista looked up and caught the eyes of Kol Mikaelson, she immediately flushed and looked back down. Rebekah was a lovely friend but spilled too much about her family, including that Kol was the wildest and lustful for blood.

"Hello darling, what are you reading?"

Speak of the devil.

Callista looked up and caught sight of his devilish smirk, "I'm not welcome with the witches so I take to stealing their grimoires in hopes of learning magic."

The vampire sat beside her and liked how her heart rate increased dramatically, he also liked the thin silk emerald dress she wore and the way her hair was slightly pulled back to reveal her high cheekbones and pink lips.

"Well I could always teach you."

Callista looked to him in surprise, "But you're a vampire what can you teach me?" She asked with a quirk of an eyebrow. "Well love, before I was a vampire I was a witch. The only one of my siblings to tap into our power."

The girl looked at him in hope, all she wanted was to learn magic, and be strong. She didn't have to say anything for him to know she was convinced. "Perfect I'll meet you in your room tonight darling." He stated and gave her a wink before speeding off.

"I fear my brother has taken quite a liking to you."

Callista rolled her eyes at Niklaus as he stood behind Marcellus. The young boy quickly ran to his sister and she enveloped him in a hug and left a kiss on him temple before holding him tightly. "I hope that doesn't mean my pretty little neck won't be pretty anymore."

Niklaus gave out a huge laugh and stepped closer to the two a real smile on his face, "Oh beautiful Callista, I have no doubt you can drop my brother like a fly." The girl gave a small giggle.

"Come Marcellus, time for your reading lesson." Niklaus said and the boy got up but not without a last hug from his sister. As they began to walk away the vampire stopped, "And Callista the ball tomorrow night, just know Kol won't be the only one fighting for your affections."