Miles ~06~

🌲

"He is mine...leave my monster alone" he shouted at his phone.

Does he know he just shouted at his sister? Oh boy. But his sister didn't get made as I heard her laugh so loudly.

"Oh, so now you forgot all about Mr handsome? Now you have Mr monster huh" his sister teased.

But. My heart sunk when she said that. I don't know what kind of a game my heart was playing with me but it squeezed inside my chest when I heard about that.

"Mr handsome disappeared.." Alec mumbled and threw the phone. I caught it before it reached the ground.

Jeez. I did so much exercise within half an hour with this man than I did in three months.

I took the phone in my ear again. Taking a deep breath. I was uncomfortable in the position we were in.

"He passed out didn't he?" She asked.

"Yes," I answered. My lips wanted to ask about what they said to each other before. But I closed it and pushed the thought aside.

Two days to my surgery and I will be back in Canada. I can't get attached to anyone. Especially after what happened.

"Okay, Mr monster. I trust you with my brother then" she said and hung up before I could reply.

"These people seem to trust strangers so easily". I said to myself. Putting the phone inside my pocket and carrying Alec back to the bedroom.

I watched him for a moment. Taking him in and imprint all of him. I didn't want to forget a person like him. He is different. Special.

And if I want to sound cheesy I would say, he is my Christmas miracle. But I can't. I don't know what he will do when he wakes up tomorrow morning.

"You look so much like him," he whispered and I froze.

My hand stopped caressing his hair. My breathing slowed down as I waited for him to go back to sleep. But I found myself wanting to know.

"Who?" I asked. I had an idea it might be the person his sister talked about.

"The guy I had a crush on. My first love" he said again. In a low voice. He raised his hand to reach my face and I leaned back.

Why am I acting like a jealous boyfriend right now?

"His smile would light up a room. His laugh would touch anyone that hears it. He is kind and generous" he said again.

I wanted him to stop. I closed my eyes and moved from the bed. I didn't know he was holding me until he pulled me back and I landed on his chest. Our lips an inch apart.

His eyes were staring at my lips as I was staring at him. Hoping he doesn't hear my pounding heart.

"If he appears to you right now. What would you say?" I asked him. My voice is low.

I don't know why I did that. His sister's words played in the back of my head. This month is hard on him. I crave to know why. And what with the guy. Did he break his heart or something?