2,437 days

Named for the constellation just south of her twin brother Draco, and her timid mother, one would think Lyra Narcissa Malfoy would be quiet and unassuming. One would be incredibly wrong.

"Get UP Lyra, we're going to Diagon Alley today and I don't want a mangy old owl so MOVE." Draco's banging on the door ceases and she hears his footsteps move across the hall into his own room.

The differences between Draco and Lyra are apparent from the moment you first lay eyes on them. Where Draco is sharp, slick blond hair and an ever present sneer, Lyra takes after the Black side of the family, their mother's side, with crazed black curls that are only tamed by a braid straight down her back, a knack for getting herself into trouble and what Narcissa calls a 'kind smile', which should be a compliment but it never quite sounds like one when the words leave her mouth. Placing the two side by side, the only tell tale sign of their relation are the piercing blue eyes.

Lyra gets out of bed and moves to the wardrobe, where her clothes are already waiting for her on a hanger on the door. Narcissa still dresses the twins, choosing their outfits for the days' events and having one their house elves, Dobby, arrange them in their rooms before they wake.

She grabs the clothes off the hanger and moves into her bathroom, getting herself ready for the day.

If she's being honest, Lyra has no interest in going to Diagon Alley. She's been before, and she was amazed by it, more people than she's ever seen, bustling around. The twins were 8 at the time, and Lyra ran off when Narcissa wasn't looking. Making her way into the Quality Quidditch Supplies shop, looking at every single item the store had in stock, she was entranced by it all. It took just over an hour for Narcissa and Draco to find her, barging in just as Lyra managed to get herself up into the air on a Bluebottle. It's a wonder how her toy broom wasn't taken away right when they arrived back home, and ever since then her mother never lets her out of her site wherever they go.

Making her way down the main stairs, she meets with the rest of the family and takes her fathers arm, apparating into Diagon Alley. By far her least favourite way to travel, but Lucius and Narcissa would not be caught dead stepping out of a fireplace, so neither shall their children.

They arrive in the street, Lyra trying to shake off the nausea that hits her after every apparition. "We shall go into Ollivander's first, get you your wands. Go on then." Lucius ushers Draco forward to lead the way through the bustling crowd and into the wand shop. Opening the door, they're greeted by a very haggard looking old man, who looks at the two as if he's known them all their lives.

"Ah yes, Mr. and Miss Malfoy. How quickly time has passed that it is now your turn to purchase your wands. I remember both of your parents at your age, Elm with a Dragon Heartstring and a Yew with Unicorn hair if I am not mistaken?"

Lyra peaks over her shoulder towards her parents and sees her mother give a curt nod to the man. He comes around the counter and claps his hands together. "Right. Who's first?"

Draco steps forward before she can open her mouth. "Me." He says, with a smug but sure look on his face. Ollivander looks at him before casting his gaze over Lyra. "Alright Mr. Malfoy. Come try this one."

After a couple tries of various wands, Draco settles on a Hawthorn wand with a Unicorn hair core. Pleased with himself, he stands between his parents, twirling it around in his hands, getting used to its feel.

"Miss Malfoy, your turn." He waves her forward, and disappears between two rows of shelves.

He returns holding a single red box as opposed to the 6 Draco went through, the label on the side peeling. Taking it out, he hands it to her handle first. "There you are Miss Malfoy."