YOᑌ ᗰIᘜᕼT ᑎᗴᗴᗪ TO KᑎOᗯ..

ᗰᗩTᗴՏ
In this world, the chance of getting a mate entirely depends on your species as only the supernatural get them. But even if you're inside the supernatural community, there's a catch. Witches and werewolves all have soulmates, regardless, promised to them by mother Nature herself.

However, vampires don't have that stability. Due to vampires being undead humans, the chance they get a soulmate is 50/50, depending on if their soul is deemed more vampire than human.
For example: Stefan has a soulmate because his ripper side, dominates a large portion of his life and forces him into living a certain way (bunny diet) however Elena doesn't get a soulmate because of her desire of wanting to be human and her compassion.

(𝐈 𝐡𝐨𝐩𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐝𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐲'𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐟𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠)

Soulmates are bonded by their minds, having the ability to access one another's dreams and communicate within each other's mind. Although they can't speak through their mind until they have physically met. Once they've physically met their eyes will glow red, this means that say your soul mate is Stefan and he's a doppelganger. Because in your dreams you only see his face and only minimal communication you could easily mistake silad for him and go on to believe he's your mate, the red glow limits mishaps and deceit.

(𝐈'𝐦 𝐟𝐫 𝐰𝐚𝐟𝐟𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐮𝐲𝐬 𝐢𝐠𝐧𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐦𝐞)

ᑭᗩIᖇIᑎᘜՏ
Elijah x Isadora x Klaus x Kol x Finn
(No incest the brothers will not engage in sexual activities with each other only Izzy)
Kai x Jeremy
Bonnie x Enzo
Damon x Elena
Stefan x Rebekah
Caroline x??? (Suggestions?)

ᗯᗩᖇᑎIᑎᘜՏ
Mentions of abuse
Mikeal
Joshua
Esther
Descriptions of gore and death
Sexual content

(Tell me if you think I've missed something)