"ᗪᗴᗩᖇ ᗪIᗩᖇY, ᗯᕼY ᑕᗩᑎ'T I ᗷᗴ ᑎOᖇᗰᗩᒪ"

ᴍᴀʟᴀᴄʜᴀɪ's ᴘᴏᴠ:

Izzy was doing that weird thing again, her eyes excreting liquid as if she was some alien creature, it was odd to watch.

She did it a lot, whenever she thought about escaping or when I mentioned our family, or even when I ask her about how certain emotions feel.

I don't understand why she does that God awful thing, but everytime she does a heart wrenching feeling builds in my chest, maybe it was a curse, she excretes and I get heart burn
That must be it. Maybe there will be an answer in one of the grimoires we have.

Over the 18 years we've been stuck in this hell we've travelled and collected hundreds of thousands of grimoires from the empty houses of witches, hoping for an escape route. So far we've only learned it requires Bennet magic and blood, along with this world's copy of the ascendant, which we had found in our childhood home.

Well I found, Izzy refuses to enter that house, even 18 years later, maybe it's because it's permanently stained with the blood of our siblings that I slaughtered, what a shame, she always loved our house.

Her room was the nicest, a luxury from before Joshua turned on us, her room was taken straight out of a movie, rose gold marble flooring with a large four poster bed that had sheer pink curtains draped elegantly.

When I was younger it was my safe haven, the one place Joshua would never dare ruin— despite being a siphoner I could still see remenants of that fatherly love when he looked at her, but as years passed that loved dwindled into rage.

I was well into memory lane when Izzy came over, sweeping the hair out my face and tenderly kissing my head, muttering something about I shouldn't be awake at this time, well neither should she.

She looked exhausted, hair thrown messily in a half loose ponytail, the shirt she was wearing was four sizes too big and hid the pyjama shorts I knew she was wearing, she had about four layers of socks on for God knows what reason and she was holding a cup of what smells like coffee.

"Kai go to bed please, you haven't slept in days" she was correct, but you wouldn't be able to tell, unlike somebody.

I must've been giving her a knowing stare because she chuckled and sipped her coffee, "I know, but I was just about to sleep and as my little brother you should follow in my example" she grinned smugly, her eyes warm with emotions I didn't recognize.

I tried to mimic the soft look she was giving me, but by the way her expression shifted into annoyance I knew I'd fucked up. As usual. Because God forbid Malachai Parker do anything right.

She exited the room swiftly, and my heart did the burning thing again. She probably thought of me the ungrateful little brother my father always thought I was, he was always annoyed when she favoured me over josette, when she would help me with my homework first before the dark haired girl.

I wish I didn't destroy our family. Maybe then my sister wouldn't hate me. Maybe then I'd be free to live out my life.

But I destroy everything I touch, and my family was made out of glass, I simply couldn't resist, the shattering was such a beautiful sound, but the sharp edges had caused for such a bloody ending.