Chapter 5

I lazily plopped back on my bed, grabbing my phone from my pillow. "Just met my neighbors. They seem...cool. And yea im not. Arrived soon after we met"

"Awesomesauce. My neighbors aren't that interesting sadly. She's an old lady with endless amounts of cats... U know how that is lol but I wish we could meet again sometime :) Where'd u move to?"

Did this boy just say "awesomesauce"? Wow! He's definitely different.

"Im not sure actually but i wish we could eventually too. Hopefully soon."

"Yay! I'd love that Naomi :3 but im about to go playing soccer with some friends. I'll ttyl?"

This guy made me feel weird. He was nice, he was funny, he was adorable. The whole package! I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

"Okay Brandon. Will do." I texted him. A smile was left on my face after texting him. If only there was a way that I could've met him. That would've made this whole moving thing much better.

Knocking on my mom's door, I asked if I could go head out and explore the neighborhood. She answered with a kind, humble, "Sure. Just come back before the street lights come on."

I shook my head, agreeing to her statement. With all of that time, I'd know the area like the back of my hand. I streaked my black and white finger tips through the highlighted part of my hair while looking at my mirror. Straightening the black portion of my hair, I went to my closet and grabbed my longboard.

I rolled passed the Millers' house while on my way down the bumpy sidewalk. Hannah sat occupied in a swinging chair in the yard while her younger sister and brother played in the yard.

"Hannah! Hey!" I called while waving. Her head shot up and she stopped with what she was doing. She smiled and waved back, gesturing for me to come over to her. Putting my longboard under my arm, I took the long curvy path to the chair in the middle of the yard.

"Hey. Naomi, right?" She asked.

"Yep. And your Hannah. Nice to meet you!" I extended my hand towards her and she took it short after.

"You too!"

The colorful cover of her notebook caught my eye. It looked like it was hand decorated with bedazzles, glitter, and clip outs of mostly girly things.

"I like your notebook, Hannah! Very pretty." I commented. Maybe she was my shot at a new friend in this state. She seemed like an interesting person and it looked like we'd share some common interests.

Hannah held the book up to her eye level, eyeing it weirdly. "Really? This really isn't my best piece of work." She laughed.

"But it is. I can't do something like this. Like, ever." I laughed at the thought because it was definitely true. I'd mess up lots of group projects from elementary to jr. high. Now I just try stay from them all together.

"We can go inside and see my other ones if you want." Hannah suggested, thumbing back towards her house.

"Well sorry. I was actually about to go tour the area. Wanna come with?" I picked up myself from the rocking chair then walked to the sidewalk again.

Hannah gave me a finger, telling me that she'd be back. I nodded and waited till she came out, longboard in hand. "Let's go. Shall we?"

My eyes grew in total surprise. I shrugged slightly then followed behind her on mine. Catching up with her, I used the sounds of wheels bumping over cracks to start another conversation. "So you're a writer also?"

"Hahaha! I wish! No no. I was doing homework. My last bit before school ends in about 3 weeks."

She stopped at a stop sign, making me do so also. "That is Hilson Head Road. It's home of my science teacher Mr. Dallas. Very attractive by the way. All the girls droll over him. I think he's a model actually." She pointed at a similar island looking house. It was a bit smaller than ours with a grey Range Rover parked in front of it.