"I will always protect you."

A few months later Shoto is turning 6 and I'm down stairs preparing a cake for him. He tends to sleep in when its the weekend so I have some time to prepare. I finish decorating the cake when I hear the floor board creek and I turn to see who it is and its Shoto. I run over to him and pick him up by the arm pits and yell while smiling.

"Happy birthday. The big 6, how do you feel?" I smile flinging Shoto around the room.

"I don't feel any different." He says annoyed.

I set him down.

"That's because you haven't mentaly taken in that your 6." I joke.

He chuckles and walks into the kitchen. His eyes widen when he sees the cake sitting on the counter.

"That is for you birthday boy." I pat his head.

He turns around and hugs my leg tight.

"Thank you thank you!" He smiles strangling my leg.

"I really do like my leg Shoto." I joke as he lets go.

"Sorry." He says.

I pat his head and give him a kiss on the forehead.

"I love how your so excited about a cake." I chuckle.

"I love it so much!" He yells excitedly.

"Then lets eat some." I laugh.

He nods his head as I cut a large slice for him. He holds on to my leg watching my every move with the cake until I hand him the plate and he runs off to the table to eat it. I cover the cake so it doesn't dry out and I turn back around and his slice is gone.

"Geez you cake monster, are you hungry?" I chuckle while asking.

"It's so good." He says muffled with cake still in his mouth.

"Chew with your mouth closed, and I'm glad you think so." I say cleaning up the kitchen.

He walks up next to me holding the empty plate giving me puppy dog eyes.

"Ok did Natsuo teach you puppy dog eyes?" I stare into Shoto's cute little eyes.

"Please one more slice." He begs.

"Not gonna lie you have the look down but you should have asked Fuyumi and Natsuo how well the look works on me before trying it." I say glaring at Shoto.

"Well does it work?" He asks in a cute tone.

"Never." I say.

His face droops down and he pouts trying to convince me more.

"You need real food Shoto your a growing young man." I say patting his head and walking away to get the stuff to make Soba.

"What can I eat then-" He looks up and sees I'm holding the stuff to make Soba.

"Will this be a good replacement?" I ask in a cocky tone.

He nods aggressively.

"Then go play or do something a 6 year old would do and it will be ready." I say waving him off. 

He nods and runs of smiling.

"Can I get some cake?" Natsuo pears through the corner. 

"Only if Shoto allows you to." I say while cooking the Soba.

"You know he will say no." He pouts.

"Then you answered your own question." I say not batting an eye.

He scoffs and walks off.

"Real quick." I say holding my hand up.

"Hmm?" Natsuo answers.