Chapter 17

Father had told us to go back to our dormitories, but Holly, Kaya and I decided to go talk somewhere private.

We were searching the castle for a place for us to talk where no-one could see us.

Finally, out of the corner of my eye, I caught sight of a door. I turned back and waved over the other girls. "I swear that wasn't here before..." Kaya commented, narrowing her eyes at the door.

We entered anyway. It was the perfect place – not too large and not too small, with a window on the far side of the room. There were couches in the middle of the room, with a huge fridge on the side, which I found out was mainly filled with chocolate.

Naturally, Holly grabbed all the chocolate straightaway. Kaya, looking irritated, peered into the fridge and re-emerged holding some Whittaker's chocolate.

As for me, I knew there was no chocolate left, so, frustrated, I sank onto a couch. "I wish there was more chocolate left," I muttered, and immediately, a large block of white chocolate appeared on the table.

Kaya, Holly and I stared. Holly finished her mouthful and then asked, "How did you do that?"

I shrugged. "No idea," I replied honestly.

We didn't bother exhausting the possibilities of this strange room. Instead, we just ate chocolate. "We should talk now," I told them.

On the opposite side of the room, a sign reading 'NO WRACKSPURTS ALLOWED HERE' appeared on the wall.

I grinned. "Apparently this room has a sense of humour," Kaya commented.

This was a really odd room. It could make all sorts of things appear.

Holly glanced up at me. "I'll just finish eating this first, okay?"

I nodded.

Since I had nothing better to do in the meantime, I walked over to the window and looked out. The night sky was cloudy, with a trace of fog in the air.

I observed that nothing visible was happening down by the Shrieking Shack.

However, what I did see was a flash of movement, as if something – or someone – was flying towards the window. I called the others over.

I suddenly realised that Holly eating chocolate was an extremely bad idea – she was now even crazier than usual. "What did you see? Some fog?" she asked me, grinning.

"Well, yeah," I began, "there is fog out there, but –"

"Ha!" she exclaimed triumphantly. "My prediction was correct! I have the Sight! Right, okay...all I have to see are some clouds – oh wait, no they're out there, umm...sheep and a marshmallow."

No sooner had she uttered these words than four sheep appeared in the middle of the room. Simultaneously, a marshmallow appeared on the table.

Holly opened her mouth to say something, but then, frowning, she pointed towards the window. "What's that?"

I had the sneaking suspicion that it was the thing I had seen before.

Something was flying past the window, something with two people on its back.

Something shaped coincidentally like a hippogriff.

I had a vague idea who both the hippogriff and its riders were.

Buckbeak, Hermione and Harry.

I didn't even bother questioning where Ron was, how Buckbeak was alive or why the two Gryffindors came to be riding him.