14

Kōshi had never been to a cast party- his fine art was visual, not performance-based, and there was good reason for that. He came nonetheless, as Keiji's boyfriend had a presentation due today at his job. It was his first time since he started there that he would be pitching new sales ideas, and Keiji had encouraged him to do so rather than losing the opportunity for a party.

Kōshi was nervous, so he did what he usually did in situations like this: stood in the corner of the room next to equally shy Keiji, electing to observe rather than engage in conversation with anyone there.

"Kōcchan, look, there he is- the guy you painted."

Kōshi turned his head perhaps a little too quickly, where he made eye contact with the stranger from before. It was like his breaths were stolen- he looked even more beautiful than he remembered. Kōshi caught himself staring and looked away shyly, an obvious blush on his cheeks.

When a pair of shoes entered his line of sight, however, he looked back up to be met with a smile like none other he had ever seen before- even Daichi's couldn't hold a candle to it.

"Hello. My name is Oi- Tōru. And yours?"

Kōshi found himself unable to tear his eyes away from the chocolate coloured ones before him, and he didn't register Tōru's words or the hand that was being held out for him to shake until Keiji elbowed him in the ribs.

"O-oh, hello. I'm Sugawara, but you can call me Suga or Kōshi."

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Kōshi. Can I get you a drink, or perhaps something to eat?"

Kōshi looked to Keiji, who had already turned away to talk to the flutist he was close with, Kiyoko.

"Sure, I'd be honored."

Kōshi only remembered a few things from that night: Tōru was an English major with a passion for poetry, he was friends with the two most respected operatists in the nation, and that Tōru is a massive flirt.

He looked at his phone after the party, seeing a text from Tōru himself and a few tumblr notifications, but not much else.

Tōru:

I had fun, Kō. I hope to see you again soon.

Kōshi blushed at the message. He'd had fun as well, there was no denying that fact.

He looked to his tumblr to see a flurry of notifications from T.O. themself, complimenting his most recent pieces, especially the one of the man he now knew as Tōru.

He blushed slightly, unused to the attention, but then again that's all he'd gotten all night- constant attention. Tōru's eyes never left Kōshi, and the blush he'd worn through the party had yet to fade- it just intensified with the new stimuli.

Kōshi slept soundly, thoughts of Tōru in his mind.