18

Kōshi was the one to confess.

He had a crush on Tōru for months now, and he had tired quickly of Kiyoomi and Kenjirō's demands to say something.

He took Tōru to a theatre to watch a live performance of War Requiem , Satori having told him that it was the man's favourite opera. After the show they went to Onigiri Miya, where Rintarō had a shift and served them rather than letting Osamu, having been previously informed of the events that would take place inside the restaurant.

"Kō, this is really sweet, but I can pay for myself, really."

"No, Tōru, I insist. I said it was my treat and I mean it."

"Fine, but I pay next time."

"Next time, huh? I'm counting on that."

Kōshi's stomach did a flip at the sight of Tōru's blush- the soft carnation looked in place on the brunette's cheeks, a perfect comparison to the milky white tones in his skin.

"You know, Tōru, I have something I want to tell you."

"Of course, you can tell me anything, Kō."

Kōshi took a deep breath before glancing behind the counter, where he saw Rintarō already recording, not to his surprise.

"I- Words are a difficult thing for me, but I'd still like to make an effort to say what I need you to know rather than paint it to you."

Kōshi swallowed thickly before continuing, nerves on high alert.

"What I'm trying to say, Tōru, is that I like you- no. I love you. I love you and I have loved you for months. The first time I saw you I couldn't shake the image of you from my mind, the night we met was one of the greatest nights of my life."

Tōru's face bore a furious scarlet colour now, his eyes sparkling and his lip quivering.

"So please, Tōru, will you go out with me?"

Kōshi was terrified, but one look into the brunette's eyes told him that he needn't be.

"I was supposed to be the one to confess, dummy. Of course I'll go out with you."