0.1

It was less than an hour to closing time when the bells chimed, signaling a customer had just walked in the near vacant restaurant. The café sat on a quiet corner of a cobblestone street surrounded by boutiques, a few art galleries, a bookshop, and several more diners down the street. There are small trees lining the sidewalks wrapped in soft twinkling lights that never stop glowing nightly all year long.

Hermione and Ginny were currently in the back counting money and finishing up some inventory paperwork before closing time. Ginny's head popped up at the ringing of the doorbell and turned to her friend and put on her best puppy dog face, indicating she didn't want to go and take the customer's order. Ginny was known for her convincing endeavors, especially when she pulled her puppy dog face, and it is no surprise when she usually comes out victorious at whatever fool she just tricked into doing her bidding. Hermione wasn't a stranger to Ginny's tactics, but she was also not immune. Hell, look at this afternoon, after she was merely peer pressured into accepting new roommates.

She sighed and smiled at her ludicrous but familiar attempt. "Alright, but you're buying dinner."

Grabbing her pen and notepad, Hermione made her way to the front counter to grab menus. She glanced around taking notice of the two guys that had just walked in and were being seated in the corner booth. 

Her gaze automatically followed the taller boys frame and his white blond hair. With his back facing her she couldn't see his face but if he was anything like his friend she knew she shouldn't be disappointed. The friend seemed only a few inches shorter, but she was positive his good looks and bright mossy green eyes played to his advantage. The dark haired brunet scanned the diner and immediately locked eyes with her, giving Hermione a small nod and smile. 

Ginny was suddenly at her side following her line of sight. "Oh, hottie alert! Never mind I can take that table."

Hermione chuckled and started walking to the booth, "Behave Ginevra."

When she reached the table she set their menus down and risked taking a good look at the blond. Her throat suddenly dried because hot couldn't describe the man in front of her. His sharp jawline and high cheekbones on his creamy skin. A slender hand with long fingers decorated with rings. And those eyes!

Eyes. Silver eyes staring at me.

She felt her neck suddenly burn and there was a fluttering sensation in her stomach. I think I'm coming down with something, why else would my stomach feel like that? Why are my palms so clammy? Ew, okay, I'll just wipe them on my apron. Have I been quiet this whole time? Oh, hell.

She looked away and cleared her throat hoping her voice didn't betray her. "Hello, what can I get for you today?"

The dark brunet spoke up, "A strawberry milkshake and french fries please."

She jotted his order down and glanced back at the blond who seemed to be already staring at her, "And for you?"

"Black coffee. Didn't have an appetite tonight." He shrugged with raised brows and a smirk to the boy in front of him that seemed to be hiding a secret. 

With an awkward chuckle she grabbed their menus and started stepping back, "We'll have that out in a bit."

Didn't I just wipe my hands? Why are they still sweaty!? I shouldn't have been staring but holy shit is he hot. And oh I could just fall deep into his eyes, like swimming in liquid mercury. I wonder if you can actually swim in liquid mercury. Why haven't I reached the counter yet? Am I rooted to the spot and I just don't know it? No, my legs are moving, good. Stupid, stupid girl! Why must you be so nervous around attractive boys!?