Arguments

It was Christmas Eve and instead of Tommy having a nice conversation with his family he had to listen to his brothers argue. He didn't even know what made them so mad. Something about a mug breaking or some shit but by this point he didn't care. He sat on the stairs quietly sobbing as they argued. Phil had gone out to the store since he had forgotten something. Without Phil here there was no stopping them fighting.
"WELL YOU BROKE IT."
"DID NOT."
"PHILS GONNA BE SO DISAPPOINTED IN YOU TECHNO."
"OH YEAH JUST PUT THE FUCKIN BLAME ON ME FOR YOUR PROBLEMS."

Tommy didn't know how long it had been. He just wanted to fucking have a great Christmas for once. His biological family was shit and didn't celebrate Christmas. They had always fought and smoked in the house. Drinking had become a problem when he was 10. They had only became verbal to each other and sometimes at Tommy. They would then apologize and take him out to get ice cream but then it got physically. They had stopped caring about him by now. He had to stop the fighting before Phil came home. How disappointed would he be if Tommy did nothing to stop his brothers?

Tommy got up from the stairs and wiped his eyes, trying to get rid of the tears. He shakily started to walk down them, holding the railing as he staggered a bit. He finally reached the downstairs and the yelling got louder. He followed to yelling and saw Wilbur and Techno practically screaming at each other. He let out a shaky whimper and walked over behind Wilbur. He tugged at the long sleeved sweater Wilbur wore and Wilbur flinched. He looked behind him and saw Tommy. His eyes softened with guilt.
"I'm sorry Tommy... I really am."
"Wilby why are you guys fighting?" Tommy asked trying not to tear up.
"It's nothing Tommy I'm sorry. How about we get some ice cream huh? How does that sound?"
Tommy let out a scream and ran towards the corner holding his legs to his chest.
"P-please don't hurt me. I promise I won't bother you g-guys again. Ple-please."
Techno looked shocked as well as Wilbur. Before they could register what was going on they heard the front door opened. Their faces twisted in horror as they heard their dad say,"Guys, I'm home. Sorry it took long there was a long time. Seems like everyone is shopping late." Phil let out a chuckle at the end as he put his hat and coat on the rack. He carried the bags heading towards the kitchen to see a terrified Tommy and horrified Techno and Wilbur. He dropped his bags at the sight of the boys.
"W-what happened?" Phil whispered. Before any of them could answer Tommy sobs became louder as he called out for anyone, anyone to help him. Phil rushed over to Tommy's side and hugged him whispering words of encouragement and comfort. He rubbed the boys back as well as combing his hair using his fingers. The poor boy wept into his father's shoulder. The shirt Phil wore was soon soaked in tears.
"What's wrong Tommy?" Phil asked, whispering in the boys ear.
"He'll hurt me if I tell you, they'll hurt you too." Tommy sobbed out pointing to Wilbur and Techno. Phil looked shocked since he didn't really know the details of Tommy's past. He held onto his anger assuming that it was something to do with the past, focusing on the boy he combed through his hair.
"It's ok Tommy, it's ok. They won't hurt you anymore. Let's just calm down and have a cup of hot chocolate. Is that ok?"
The small boy nodded and followed Phil as he stood up, walking towards the kitchen counter. He put Tommy on the counter. Phil got out a packet of hot chocolate and poured the powder in a mug and poured hot water into it. He mixed it and put some marshmallows in as well. He gave it to Tommy, who was sitting on counter shaking a bit. Phil had a weak, soft smile on and helped Tommy take a sip. Tommy relaxed, knowing he was safe.
He started to doze off and fall into Phil's arms after taking a few sips. Phil laughed a bit and carried Tommy into his room. He tucked the small boy in and kissed his forehead. He quietly closed the door and let out a long sigh. Phil had another hard day at work, getting yelled at daily wasn't pleasant. He had to stay strong for his son's but he was close to breaking. He walked over to the kitchen and sat down, not noticing his two sons in the hallway. He curled up on the couch and started to sob. He shouldn't be this fucking weak. How pathetic can he really be? Tonight was supposed to be a nice family dinner, it was supposed to be nice. Why is the world so fucking cruel? He felt someone hug him. He opened his eyes to see a guilty looking Wilbur and Techno. He was so touched starved and melted into the hug sobbing into his son's. How useless and pathetic could he be to have to rely on his own children? His wings were being petted and he started to relax. He quietly let out small sobs of stress as he felt sleep come his way.