I'm in love with a criminal

I rewrote this one because I absolutely hate the original version. Like I really fucking hate it, I can't even read it. I wrote the original version in like 3 hours, that's why it is fucking bad. So, I am bored and I rewrote it a bit. A lot, actually.

I don't know if I will keep the other version here. Probably not.

And I think some warnings would be good.

WARNINGS: STOCKHOLM SYNDROM, MENTION OF MURDER, TRAUMA, SAD BOI SHIT, MENTION OF ABUSE, THEY DON'T HAVE A SAFEWORD

----------------------------------------------------------------------

He should have been aware that it was an incredibly stupid and dangerous idea. But Dan was young, stupid, naive even and still put through his stubbornness. And where did it get him? He was sitting in a closet, terrified, hoping that the other men in the house wouldn't find him. Dan should have just stayed at home.

How did he end up here in the first place? Right, because of his dad. His dad was the police officer who had the say in this absolutely fucked up case. Of course he tried to hide all the files from his son, but Dan was nosy and found them anyway.

It was this evening that Dan found a map full of red crosses and became curious. It felt like a mission. One spot was circled in red, with a question mark beside it, and Dan knew what he had to do. He took a picture and made his way.

The spot was in the middle of a forest. Dan turned on the flashlight of his phone. It helped only limited, but he tried to anyway. He was scared, flinched at every sound, but after a while he found himself in a small clearing. In the middle of it was a tiny hut out of wood.

The police was looking for a kidnapper, in the worst case a murderer. Did they think he was here? Did they know this point at the map was a house? Have they ever been here? Dan swollowed hard and switched off his flashlight. Slowly he walked towards the house that looked almost deserted. However, when he managed to crack the door and stood inside the house, it lookd like the complete opposite.

It was clean, small but fully furnished. Someone lived here and maybe it was someone a lot of people were looking for. Dan didn't move for a while, just let his eyes wander around the place until he started to dig around. There was nothing to be found, though. Everything looked absolutely clean and normal.

Dan felt like a failure for a second, like he was a complete idiot. But there had to be a reason this exact spot was circled. He can't be that wrong, can he?

Then he heard footsteps.

And now he was sitting in a closet, hoping that the person would just disappear. The person moved slowely, carefully. Daniel could see a shadow moving back and forth. He held his breath, froze. He wanted to close his eyes as well, but he couldn't. His body was on high alert, trying not to get killed.

Then he saw him.

A man, black hair, young, ran across the room with a rag in his hand. He looked tense, alerted. Until he turned and looked at the closet door. Dan knew it, the stranger knew it. Then everything went very fast: the stranger tore the door open, Dan tried to run, Dan got thrown on the floor and the cloth was pressed on his face. Everything while Dan tried to break free.

But he wasn't strong enough.

Instead he woke up with an incredible headache. For a moment Dan wished that it was just a dream, but was disappointed when he noticed that his hands were tied behind his back, while he was lying on a bed. His legs were tied to the end of the bed. It was a struggle to keep his eyes open, but he knew he had to. He had to fight the urge to fall asleep again.