Untitled Part 4

Amber Lily skipped happily into her room. She just had the best day ever with Zach. She couldn't have asked for a better morning than this. Well, if she could change one thing about it, it'd be: Deven's presence.

It was supposed to be a date, with just Zach and her, so where did Deven pop up from? Amber Lily wrinkled her nose as she remembered how she had walked into the old IHOP with her arm linked with Zach's. They had ordered stacks and stacks of delicious pancakes littered with tons of syrup - and even though it looked absolutely disgusting to Amber Lily - she still took it in with desire. It was right when their food had been served that Deven had suddenly swung over and plopped down next to Amber Lily.

He had sat so close, she could feel the skin and thin hair on his arms touching her bare stomach and waist causing her to bristle and move away more than a few times. This wasn't the first time something like this had happened. Even when they were young, Amber Lily had found times when she disliked Deven and his constant appearance. There were times that Amber Lily desperately needed and wanted to be alone with Zach, and it was always then that he would come from out of nowhere and insist on spending time with them.

There was just nothing Amber Lily could do to keep Deven away from the two of them. But, that was back when they were still kids. Now, Amber Lily was a different person. She was much smarter and there had to be something she could do to keep Deven busy long enough for her to entertain Zach and make him dance to her tunes. Whatever it was, Amber Lily was going to figure it out.

Ever since he was young, Zach's had a bit of a problem with the girls. They were his weakness; his kryptonite. And though it did come handy for Deven to use as advantages against Zach, there was just no fun in always being second choice and always getting the girls that his older brother didn't want.

That's the way it's always been. Zach was always adored and loved the most, while Deven got stuck with his leftovers. It wasn't fair and Deven was sick of it; he's been sick of it actually.

The night that Zach was caught having a party with strippers in their house should've been the best night ever for Deven, if he hadn't been blamed for it along with him. The party, the girls, all the expensive booze that they had wasted, everything was Zach's fault, and yet, it was Deven who still got punished right along with him.

Deven could never forget the night when he was dragged away from a group of girls he had managed to score all on his own without the help of his older, popular, and better-looking brother. The embarrassment that he had suffered wouldn't go down that easy - not without a fight anyway.

The idea hadn't come to him until he stepped foot with Zach back into the house that he's been over at tons of times three years ago. When he caught sight of a girl he only vaguely remembered, the remaining pieces of a brilliant plan clicked together in his head. Deven knew exactly how was he going to get back at Zach for all the things that he's had to suffer for him.

A/N: Ahh, so you might notice a few similarities between the characters and their siblings; perhaps a bit of a rivalry, perhaps a bit of something much more.

Guess you'll have to find out where all of this is going a bit later on. =D

Oh, and you'll find out about the little "idea" Deven came up with in the next ch. ...Whenever that might be up, of course. =)

Thanks again for reading & love you all!! =)